hari

I have an old Kenwood Stereo Amplifier (midi system) with 70W
per channel at 6 ohms. The speakers conked out but the system is good. So
I would like to buy good speakers and after going through this wonderful
forum and excellent views/answers by Venkat, I have decided to buy a
whaferdale Diamond 9.5. Do you guys think it is a good choice. I plan
to buy a av receiver at a later point of time. I want to use the same
speakers. My budget is not more than 30K for the speakers and I want it
to be a one-time investment. typical usage is 60% music and 40% movies.
Area is around 22x14.
Please do let me know if whaferdale diamond 9.5 is a good choice. Also whats a good price for this ? I have been quoted 30,800 in Bangalore

Please do let me know if whaferdale diamond 9.5 is a good choice. Also whats a good price for this ? I have been quoted 30,800 in Bangalore

Hari:

I don't want to sound as if I am selling Wharfedales. But over the last 15 days, including today, I have heard a number of speakers in similar price range. I think the Wharfedale 9.5 has an edge over most of the other speakers. Again, in this forum, whoever has bought the Diamonds have been very happy.

BUT, against all this, I would sincerely suggest you please listen to the speakers positively before cutting the cheque. If possible listen to it with your Kenwood amp.

The listed price of the Diamond 9.5 is 27,000. So you should be getting it between 25,000 and 26,000. Not a paise more.

You can also slowly build a complete 5.1 or 7.1 using other models from Wharfedale.

I must also warn you that if you looking for chest thumping bass, you wont get that from the Wharfedales. You will get a fair amount of transparency and a warm and pleasant sound across all frequencies.

Cheers

Last edited:
The listed price of the Diamond 9.5 is 27,000. So you should be getting it between 25,000 and 26,000. Not a paise more.

Hi,

I had owned the Wharfedale 9.5 earlier and its 100% value for money and max you can pay for 9.5 speakers is 26K for the brand new ones.

Well if you can stretch you budget upto 34K, you can pick up a 9.6 which is better than the 9.5. The sound quality of the highs & mids in 9.6 are same as 9.5 but bass is more in 9.6 (bass will be more deeper than 9.5) bcoz of an additional low frequency driver. So check out the 9.6 before you take a decision.

Cheers,
Ramesh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back