Speakers for Norge 2060

syed_rizvi

Dear Friends,

I purchased Norge 2060 amp from it's showroom today in Mahim. Can someone please suggest a suitable passive speakers for it ? I was thinking of Boston Acoustics A26 but not sure how it will perform with 2060 ? Any other option apart from this that anyone can suggest will be highly appreciated ?

Many Thanks in advance,
Syed

Syed ....u need to specify your budget & listening taste

if memory serves Mr Bajaj had some some resonably priced speakers available at his Mahim outlet......

How about Wharfedale 121? MRP Rs 24,000.
Maybe tcpip's floorstanders in the for sale section if space is not an issue?

best thing would be to take your amp to the HIFIMART showroom and get auditions with different brand under one roof.
and if you want to do that in pune then Lakozy Pune Shukrawar peth Behind Mandai Ganpati.

Cheers

Dheeraj

best thing would be to take your amp to the HIFIMART showroom and get auditions with different brand under one roof.
Sorry to barge in!! But where in mumbai is hifimart showroom for that matter? I am also looking for floorstanders for my marantz pm 6004
Sorry once again to op.

Thanks all friends for providing the reply. I first of all update my location from Pune to Bangalore as I'm currently based out of Bangalore.

Naztone - I listen to mostly fusion music, Sufi+rock+good amount of bass. Something like this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41WNF6yOP1A

Also, my budget is anything between 15-20k..

Vardesh - Thanks for the links. I'll go through the details of the link provided.

Naturelover - Wharfdale 121 is litte over my budget but I've read good reviews about them too. Will see if I can get demo done anywhere...

Dheerajin - I called up Mr Anil (owner) from HiFi mart just now. He said they don't have the facility of demo.

Overall, I'll see if I can get the demo of Boston Acoustics A26, Wharfdale 121 and Norge Millinium and Ultimo is next few days and update on this space.

Btw, I did listen to Norge Nano and Norge Md 75 speakers at the Norge showroom with Mr. Bajaj. I was not impressed with Nano (it started distorting on high volumes (cheeni kum album) and also costly given the quality of sound it produced ). Md 75 I thought was just ok for 10.5 k

@syed_rizvi:I also did not like the sound of Nano and MD75.They are suitable for 2.1 type of setup.The Millennium MK2 is good having sound tone and bass enough from a medium room.
Wharfdale :demo at Designer Audio tardeo.IF you are visiting Mumbai.
Pioneer BS 21 or 41 will be good too.Contact Avenue sound for pioneer.
For Bangalore demo, other FM's will surely guide you for nearby stores .

Last edited:
Thanks so much Vardesh. I'm visiting Mr Bajaj again on coming monday for Millenium and Ultimo Demo. I'm in mumbai till next weekend so will try to visit other vendors suggested by you if I can.

Btw, I've read good reviews on Q Acoustics 2020i on whathif.com as follows..they seem to be good too although a little over my budget...

Q Acoustics 2020i review | Hi-fi speakers | Reviews | What Hi-Fi?

They are available in Bangalore (Htstore.in) and online at amazon.in. Would surely like to demo them as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Vardesh,

I visited Avenue Sound today and got the demo of SB-BS-22. I found them ok, probably similar to Norge MD 75.

Does Pioneers have warranty issues ? I spoke to Clive at Avenue, he said they give a good 1 year warranty...

Yep ,i thought so BS 22 will be similar as MD 75 .Was BS 41 available for demo. if yes try that too.
As per pioneer website home entertainment section it has different dealer/reseller name.So worried with warranty for the product.If you want to go with pioneer you can contact them.Will send you contact on PM.

rgds,

Vardesh.

Dear FMs,

I got the demo of BS 22 (Andrew Jones) last week but was not very happy with the performance. I was targetting to get the demo of Norge MK2 but that also seems to be out of stock at Norge showroom at the moment.

So it got me thinking that if I increase my budget to say between 20 to 30 k, what other options are available to pair up with Norge 2060. One option I had in mind was Wharfdale Diamond 121.

I called up Alliance 4 in Mumbai today and spoke to Mr. Kadam. He said 121 might not pair up well with 2060 as they are more power hungry. He suggested Diamond 10.1 0r 10.2.

What do you guys think ? Any help and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back