speakers for PC & SETTOP BOX

Arun Prasad

plz tell some decent speakers (2.1 or 5.1) under 20K to connect with my PC or settop box as of now and with receiver in future to upgrade as a home theatre

If you don't have an AVR/Amp then you would need powered speakers and Audioengine A5 at around 19K or so is the best in that range. They are great in a PC setting especially for music.

so which one is good and value for money..logitech Z5500 or onkyo 3105. and also plz tell what is the diff between ordinary speakers & powered speakers. at prresent the need is to connect with my PC and in future it shall be upgrade to HT..

Last edited:
so which one is good and value for money..logitech Z5500 or onkyo 3105. and also plz tell what is the diff between ordinary speakers & powered speakers. at prresent the need is to connect with my PC and in future it shall be upgrade to HT..

Absolutely no competition, Onkyo 3105 all the way, Logitech Z5500 are only PC speakers, Onkyo comes with an AVR with a lot more connectivity options.

Powered speakers have an inbuilt amplifier usually in the subwoofer. non-powered speakers will need an amplifier to power them.

Absolutely no competition, Onkyo 3105 all the way, Logitech Z5500 are only PC speakers, Onkyo comes with an AVR with a lot more connectivity options.

Powered speakers have an inbuilt amplifier usually in the subwoofer. non-powered speakers will need an amplifier to power them.

so shall i go for onkyo 3105. how much it costs in chennai? is it able to upgrade with some gud speakers later on.. how is the quality and features this onkyo3105 avr? everyone telling onkyo 3105 is not gud for music. is it worst than normal PC speakers? shall i overcome this by providing gud additional speakers later on.

so shall i go for onkyo 3105. how much it costs in chennai? is it able to upgrade with some gud speakers later on.. how is the quality and features this onkyo3105 avr? everyone telling onkyo 3105 is not gud for music. is it worst than normal PC speakers? shall i overcome this by providing gud additional speakers later on.

Music is not all that great on the Onkyo 3105, but neither is it on the Logitech Z5500. Are you looking for a HT system or a setup for good stereo music via the PC. Both are separate things and you would be hard pressed to combine both of them in a single unit. If its HT then the Onkyo 3105 is a decent entry level system. If its music via the PC then powered speakers like the Audioengine A5 are the route to go. BTW the Onkyo and the Audioengine will cost around 20K.

Music is not all that great on the Onkyo 3105, but neither is it on the Logitech Z5500. Are you looking for a HT system or a setup for good stereo music via the PC. Both are separate things and you would be hard pressed to combine both of them in a single unit. If its HT then the Onkyo 3105 is a decent entry level system. If its music via the PC then powered speakers like the Audioengine A5 are the route to go. BTW the Onkyo and the Audioengine will cost around 20K.

so Audioengine A5 is 2.1 or 5.1.. is it gud for both movie and music? and shall i use these speakers to connect with some midlevel avr (7.1)

so Audioengine A5 is 2.1 or 5.1.. is it gud for both movie and music? and shall i use these speakers to connect with some midlevel avr (7.1).. by the way what about philips HTS 4750 as u discussed about this in other thread. i guess

so Audioengine A5 is 2.1 or 5.1.. is it gud for both movie and music? and shall i use these speakers to connect with some midlevel avr (7.1).. by the way what about philips HTS 4750 as u discussed about this in other thread. i guess

Audioengine A5 is 2.0 and its good for both movies and music, but since its 2.0 will not give the home theater FX of a 5.1 system. Not much idea about the Philips 4750 personally but its rated good by many here. Not sure about its connectivity options for the PC though.

Audioengine A5 is 2.0 and its good for both movies and music, but since its 2.0 will not give the home theater FX of a 5.1 system. Not much idea about the Philips 4750 personally but its rated good by many here. Not sure about its connectivity options for the PC though.

so what should i do to make onkyo 3105 sounds gud for music (through PC). i mean any extra speakers? or sound card? like that

so what should i do to make onkyo 3105 sounds gud for music (through PC). i mean any extra speakers? or sound card? like that

Arun,

Firstly audition the Onkyo and the Philips. For the said budget of 20K the Onkyo and the Philips are a better option. Later on you can add/change to better speakers with the Onkyo, not sure if this is an option with the Philips though. Audioengine A5 is good, but has limited options of upgrading later on.

plz tell some decent speakers (2.1 or 5.1) under 20K to connect with my PC or settop box as of now and with receiver in future to upgrade as a home theatre

If you finally wish to migrate to a hometheater setup, no use putting in so much money now. Based on your room size you should select HTB s or go and see a demo of the altec lansing 5021 2.1 powered speakers. Good for a small sized room and pretty thumping, good tight bass and good fidelity. Best rated powered speakers. Check online for reviews. Cost Rs 7-8k.
Other option, pick up something preowned, lots of members here might be wanting to upgrade. Put up a requirement ad in classifieds or the relevant section and you will get ample choice.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back