Speakers for YAMAHA Flagship RX-A3050

mandeep

Dear all,

Plz suggest best matching bookshelf speakers to pair with Yamaha RX-A3050.
Yamaha have a high power of --- 150 W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven) and high dynamic range for speakers ohm ratings 8/6/4/2 as 175 / 220 / 295 / 410 W.

Now the problem is , that due to space constraints I can only use bookshelf speakers and most bookshelf speakers do not fall within that power and dynamic range of the amplifier.

Eagerly waiting for your advice.

Thanks in advance

Cheers:cheers:

Hi

It means if the amp is continuously capable of outputting 150watts rms power....the speakers can handle 150watts of power continuously....

Hi

Visit a ProFx dealer or Polk Audio dealer and hear the Polks RTiA1s or A3s....Profx also deal with Yamaha amps so you can audition the same and decide...

BTW, Profx generally gives a discount of 10-15% on mrp

Nothing uphill about the task.

Based on whatever power ratings you have provided, I think a 25-150 W RMS speakers will easily cut it.

You can forget Dynamic range, (It is usually dynamic bull) and the only relevant is the 150 W RMS, but since it is also only 2 channel driven, you can safely arrive at a 100 W RMS speaker as your referral point when you drive all channels.

For example mine is 110 W RMS, all channels driven. I have connected a 175 W RMS KEF as floors.

Last edited:
mandeep,

What are you trying to match here? There is no rule that the speakers you get should handle or exceed the max rating of the amp.
If this were so, we would all be scratching our heads about the lean choice of sound boxes to pair amps with.
Remember all Wattage ratings are max ratings. A speaker rated 100W means prolonged use near that level is dangerous to the drivers.
Before you enter this range, common sense will kick in and turn down the volume knob.

Yes you can connect a 100W rated speaker to a 150-200W rated amp. Don't use your home system like a DJ in a bar.
In my setup I have connected 120W speakers to 200W amps; previously it was 100W speakers.
Without the outboard 200W amps, these speakers can easily pair with 50W AVR or 70W IA (which I do have and experimented with).
So go shop for speakers based on how they sound to your ears. Once you like something, look at the specs as a general guideline.
Preferably, look for speakers with nominal impedance of 8 ohms (easier to drive).

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Having a flagship AVR but looking for entry level/budget speakers??? Sad if you pair wharfedale/polk with this AVR if your budget does not permit to buy better speakers that is.

Hi Have heard people using dali ikon mk2 with this Yamaha Flagship receiver.You can also try Dali Zensor series.
Recently we had demo with A2050 with KEF in wall speakers at AV Expo ,that was also good. Have a good audition and decide.

Generally B&Ws go well with Yamaha receivers. Yours should be no exception.

Best way, hear and decide between different speaker combos.

If you have to take the receiver, take it and demo.

mandeep,

What are you trying to match here? There is no rule that the speakers you get should handle or exceed the max rating of the amp.
If this were so, we would all be scratching our heads about the lean choice of sound boxes to pair amps with.
Remember all Wattage ratings are max ratings. A speaker rated 100W means prolonged use near that level is dangerous to the drivers.
Before you enter this range, common sense will kick in and turn down the volume knob.

Yes you can connect a 100W rated speaker to a 150-200W rated amp. Don't use your home system like a DJ in a bar.
In my setup I have connected 120W speakers to 200W amps; previously it was 100W speakers.
Without the outboard 200W amps, these speakers can easily pair with 50W AVR or 70W IA (which I do have and experimented with).
So go shop for speakers based on how they sound to your ears. Once you like something, look at the specs as a general guideline.
Preferably, look for speakers with nominal impedance of 8 ohms (easier to drive).

Cheers,
Raghu
By matching I mean best sounding combination of speaker amp and wattage requirement. The wattage requirement is quite clear, thanks to you dear.I need recommendations for the best sounding ones.I somewhat remember that Yamaha amp is quite happy with the Wharfedales, am I right? Other then them which speaker brand do you all recommend.:cheers:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back