Specific info needed from Cambridge CXN v1 users

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

Hi,

I would like to know if any of all of the feature below that were introduced in the CXN v2 model are also available on the CXN v1 (older model) through subsequent firmware updates:

1. mpeg-DASH and HLS based internet radio support
2. Chromecast built-in

In essence is there any difference now (after all firmware updates till now) between the V1 and V2 apart from the faster processor of the latter?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I would like to know if any of all of the feature below that were introduced in the CXN v2 model are also available on the CXN v1 (older model) through subsequent firmware updates:

2. Chromecast built-in

In essence is there any difference now (after all firmware updates till now) between the V1 and V2 apart from the faster processor of the latter?

Thanks.

I can't answer your specific question but have a look at the below link which might

I can't answer your specific question but have a look at the below link which might

Thanks, I’d read that already. It doesn’t provide me what I am looking for. Have also asked the same query in that forum.

Hi,

2. Chromecast built-in

Thanks.
Hi Sachin

I can't say anything about mpeg-DASH and HLS based internet radio support, but Chromecast needs hardware I believe.

Hi Sachin

I can't say anything about mpeg-DASH and HLS based internet radio support, but Chromecast needs hardware I believe.

Thanks Vivek. It was an old post when I wantwe to buy CXN and V2 wasn’t available in the country but there was a preowned V1 on sale. I have subsequently bought the V2 when it became available. Internet radio is among the many features that I am enjoying.

Hi, have u got ur answer yet. I have the same questions. Can someone clarify if possible. Thanks.

No, but I subsequently bought the V2.

I guess chromecast is not built in for V1. Also, I think that app like tidal and Spotify has to be played only through the phone. But what about internet radio. Is it there on V1?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back