Spotify not connecting in Bluesound node 2i

prabhu_som

Hi , Recently purchased BS node 2i and tried setting it up . Tune in and Radio paradise had no issue . But to my surprise Spotify which I have a annual subscription not getting connected.
Tried doing factory reset for Node as well as re installing Spotify but no result.
Can any of the Chennai FM owning bluesound help me with the set up.
Thanks

After you connected NODE 2i with wifi network , You can see the node 2i device in Spotify app ,select that and you can play via spotify app....Tidal have inbuit in Bluos app of node 2i...

After you connected NODE 2i with wifi network , You can see the node 2i device in Spotify app ,select that and you can play via spotify app....Tidal have inbuit in Bluos app of node 2i...
Thanks Sunand777 tried this option but it's doesn't turn green when selected.

It seems you have to use the Spotify app to play to the Node 2i as opposed to their own app. Are you doing that?
Maybe some reading here will help: https://helpdesk.bluesound.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=4604
Thanks . I tried playing thru Spotify app. It shows under my device but when selected doesn't turn green .

How is the Node on your network, wired or wifi? If Wifi then on which network, 2.4 or 5GHz? I faced issues with my Marantz streamer, I had a router in AP mode point connected to Marantz since it does not have wifi, I faced Spotify issues like yours at times. I have now switched to wired directly from the router and no issues whatsoever. In my case a Marantz firmware update also helped.
You could try wired connection if on wifi, or switch from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz.
Check if the Node has a software update available.
If all else fails it is always a good idea to get in touch with their support.

Hi shibashis,
Tried wired too. But no luck. Am using a D-Link vdsl2 N300 router which is not dual band.. any other suggestions. Thanks

Yes .Tried both for Spotify as well as Bluos.
Tried wired from router. Re installed both too.
Will try with other phone connection and may be taking to a friend's place.

Update; Tried connecting through different phone but no luck. Finally a master advice from FM @bornfi who suggested me to reset the router.

Immediately called the technician from Tata Docomo. Did the reset and they found some issue in the router. Got it changed and now able to connect Spotify.
Thank you @bornfi and @shibashis for your valuable inputs.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back