Stabilizer for home audio

niftianmadhur

Hi, I am making a TV tack and in order to avoid the clutter of wires, planning to keep my stabilizer and surge protector unit inside cabinet. So bacically this stabilizer will be connected to the main and my audio units( Pre- power, CD player, DAC) will be connected to the stabilizer through surge protector( Belkin multi plugs) I thought of taking advice from senior FMs if it is ok to do so. Is there any negative points associated to this? Please reply with your valuable comments. Thanks in advance.

If you are looking at any type servo stabilizer to cater to your audio video reqts, then these stabilizer are heavy and would not be adviseable to keep inside the cabinet. If your looking at smaller vguard type, you could consider placing inside

Hi, I am making a TV tack and in order to avoid the clutter of wires, planning to keep my stabilizer and surge protector unit inside cabinet. So bacically this stabilizer will be connected to the main and my audio units( Pre- power, CD player, DAC) will be connected to the stabilizer through surge protector( Belkin multi plugs) I thought of taking advice from senior FMs if it is ok to do so. Is there any negative points associated to this? Please reply with your valuable comments. Thanks in advance.
Power supply in Bangalore can be termed as "somewhat erratic".
When it is there, it's fine. Most houses are equipped with an UPS or some sort of backup.
If you feel the need for a stabilizer, do the math and get a unit that is at least 1.2x the total rating of the connected devices.

Disclosure: In my home I rely on the UPS controller to provide some kind of voltage stabilization, and it does.
Cheers,
Raghu

If you are looking at any type servo stabilizer to cater to your audio video reqts, then these stabilizer are heavy and would not be adviseable to keep inside the cabinet. If your looking at smaller vguard type, you could consider placing inside
For now it is a small stabilizer. Vguard Digi 200. My question is, whether it has to be kept outside for cooling down or something. Weight is not an issue here

For now it is a small stabilizer. Vguard Digi 200. My question is, whether it has to be kept outside for cooling down or something. Weight is not an issue here

I have kept my Premier stabilizer inside the rack only (i mean a closed cup board kind). There are no big heating issues so far. But that enclosure has a small 4 inch square opening at the rear for cables, so, it could provide some ventilation i guess.

Swami

I have kept my Premier stabilizer inside the rack only (i mean a closed cup board kind). There are no big heating issues so far. But that enclosure has a small 4 inch square opening at the rear for cables, so, it could provide some ventilation i guess.

Swami
Thanks for the reply. I will also have some openings as ventilation.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back