Steelseries 7H problem

seraph

Guys I really want you all to help me out on this one.

I have a Steelseries 7H USB version which I combine with a 5hv2 soundcard for surround sound.

Lately, I have been facing a lot of problems with the volume control (ie, the Inline Volume wheel present in the cord itself) as it makes the sound go away from the any of the can randomly and I have to adjust it a lot to regain my sound.

volume_regulator.jpg

Yesterday, the sound on the right ear can went away in the middle of a movie (the wheel must have moved accidentally) and now I cannot get it to return at all. The headset is old and is out of warranty but is great in terms of performance. I want to know what could be the problem and if it can be fixed in anyway. As far as I can tell, it is mostly the volume control wheel that has gone for a toss and I cannot find anything to test if the headset is ok or not.

Kindly help me out here.

Thanks.

The volume control contacts may be dirty due to dust. Use one or two drops of petrol or isopropyle alcohol to clean the contacts. These will evaporate quickly and won't harm the components.

The volume control contacts may be dirty due to dust. Use one or two drops of petrol or isopropyle alcohol to clean the contacts. These will evaporate quickly and won't harm the components.

I will give it a try but I am quite sure its more than just dust.

Any more suggestions?

Contact points are worn out.. I had a similar problem with my Cambridge Speakers a long time ago.. if baijuxavior's advice doesnt work try [ushing the volume control along its axis line... i mean push it sideways

Just a suggestion

So do I need to open it up to clean the contact points of the volume wheel? As in I don't know how to go about it. Pushing it sideways has already been tried. Doesn't work.

I want to know (looking at the description of the issue) of there could be something wrong with the headset in all so that I can prepare myself in advance or if it is indeed an issue with just the volume wheel.

Contact points are worn out.. I had a similar problem with my Cambridge Speakers a long time ago.. if baijuxavior's advice doesnt work try [ushing the volume control along its axis line... i mean push it sideways

Just a suggestion

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back