Step Down Transformer For Behringer A500 Reference Amplifier

If you can open up and modify the amp, you can convert it to operate on 220v; No need for a step down trafo. Check with FMs Santhosh and Anilva.

What preamp are you gonna use with these?
You need to worry about matching all that stuff.

What preamp are you gonna use with these?
You need to worry about matching all that stuff.

Nothing planned or even decided. Just $200 seems like a good deal and its rated highly so if space permits I'll get it.

The others like Yammy AS500, KEF Q300, etc. are similarly priced.

Also, ordering Musical Fidelity V-DAC II.

Nothing planned or even decided. Just $200 seems like a good deal and its rated highly so if space permits I'll get it.

The others like Yammy AS500, KEF Q300, etc. are similarly priced.

Also, ordering Musical Fidelity V-DAC II.

Basically you are ordering all the stuff you have not auditioned after going for many auditions. :) Thats a first time.

Musical fidelity can be auditioned in audio people.

Basically you are ordering all the stuff you have not auditioned after going for many auditions. :) Thats a first time.

Musical fidelity can be auditioned in audio people.

Well the MF was a necessity since I did not want to add another soundcard DAC like Asus Xonar and its got good reviews in its budget.

Thanks, will do.

I brought a US A500 during my US visit last month. Power rating being 500W. With guidance and help from Anilva, i opened up the amp, found a free tap (220v one) resoldered and fed 220v, the amp powers on will all indicators working. Checked the secondary voltage before conversion, it read 75V. After the conversion it read 80V. Probably this explains the wattage difference between EU A500s and US A500s (100w Difference). Yet to connect the speakers and check on the same.

cheers,
Vince

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back