Stereo amp and speakers for 3-4 lacs

Naturelover, you can seriously consider the resurrection speakers that I have on sale. A few fm's have heard it... And I seriously feel it beats z lot of speakers upto the 8l range... And will fit your room like a charm...

Would love to, Manav, believe me. They have been so well written of and have belonged to Bhagwan. But my room does not allow me because of the woodwork and not the size. You can see my room layout in my other recent thread. The counter is 18" deep with drawers beneath containing AV media and the sofa with the corner seat is actually slightly longer than what has come out in the illustration. So, much as I am tempted to, I cannot put a 2.5 foot deep speaker there.
I would be willing to consider any solution to this.

Naturelover, you can seriously consider the resurrection speakers that I have on sale. A few fm's have heard it... And I seriously feel it beats z lot of speakers upto the 8l range... And will fit your room like a charm...

It might struggle. Western classical requires stupendous dynamic range which the little harbeth doses not have.

I tend to agree with Roc, you have to step up to the 7es3 or shl5 or monitor 30.1 if you want to listen to large scale music. The p3's will be suitable for small jazz ensembles and the like.
cheers,
Sid

if you are considering Harbeths, Luxman is known to have good synergy with them as well. I have heard them (Shl5) with the below amp. and it was an excellent match.
L-505uX | LUXMAN | Seeking higher sound quality
Panditji has the similar combination, he can throw more light on it as well.
Only issue you will have to import Luxman components as I understand there is no dealer in India.
cheers,
Sid

if you are considering Harbeths, Luxman is known to have good synergy with them as well. I have heard them (Shl5) with the below amp. and it was an excellent match.
Only issue you will have to import Luxman components as I understand there is no dealer in India.
cheers,
Sid

Yes, the Luxmans need to be imported but at the price they are very good value and drive most speakers effortlessly...also they are slightly on the warmer side and with your kind of music you will enjoy listening to them...

Hi Naturelover

Look at Merlins. I heard them at a forum member mpw's place. Those speakers with a Naim integrated should work very well at your place. When you are in Mumbai you could possibly hook up with mpw and hear them. The combo along with cabling et al should be in the 3 lakh range.

As your first high end system, keep it as simple as possible.

But the Magnepans are so big. This is a smallish living room. Would they fit?

They're big. Six feet tall, about one and half feet wide. They need about 3 feet behind, a foot each to the sides, careful vertical alignment to get correct vertical imaging, besides the usual experimentation with toe-in. The result is pin-point imaging in the horizontal and vertical planes, and the magic of a large planar. No need for subs either even to enjoy acoustic standing bass popular in small combo jazz ensembles, as the 3.6 goes deep down.

Hi jls001

Magnepan 3.6 is no longer in production. It's the 3.7 now. That costs USD 5500. I think that's outside his budget. Because when you add the cost of a good amp we are talking in the range of 7 lakhs plus for the amp and speaker

Can I listen to a Luxman in Bangalore/Kochi/Mumbai?
How does one go about importing one?
rakuten is one way. They have a quote of $2017 for the 505UXG plus shipping approx $230 plus import duty. How much is the duty on amps? Any cheaper method? Maybe from Hong Kong or Dubai?

Panditji, I see you have Harbeths with the Luxman. Your opinion on the synergy? How did you get your amp?

cheers,
Sid

Yes, the Luxmans need to be imported but at the price they are very good value and drive most speakers effortlessly...also they are slightly on the warmer side and with your kind of music you will enjoy listening to them...

I have looked at the Merlin site and some reviews. Definitely interesting! Will get in touch with mpw.

Look at Merlins. I heard them at a forum member mpw's place. Those speakers with a Naim integrated should work very well at your place. When you are in Mumbai you could possibly hook up with mpw and hear them. The combo along with cabling et al should be in the 3 lakh range.

The very statement in a review of the Merlins :lol:
keep it as simple as possible.

Luxman can be imported from Japan through the website that you have mentioned...the customs duty on any amp is about 10.4% as of Feb, 2014 but if you import an amplifier from Japan, the customs duty is 0% under the FTA between India and Japan......

You will need a step down transformer however which will cost Rs. 6000 in your part of the country from Maxine Transformers in Chennai...

They're big. Six feet tall, about one and half feet wide. They need about 3 feet behind, a foot each to the sides, careful vertical alignment to get correct vertical imaging, besides the usual experimentation with toe-in. The result is pin-point imaging in the horizontal and vertical planes, and the magic of a large planar. No need for subs either even to enjoy acoustic standing bass popular in small combo jazz ensembles, as the 3.6 goes deep down.

MG 1.7s are not bad also and they can fit in the OPs budget even if he has to buy from Audiovision who charge exhorbitant prices and never respond to any emails/queries....

Hi
Generally most of us favor a certain tonality in a system (the complete chain) which realize only after listening to diverse systems.Home installed systems are the best representative samples and you are in the right direction.Brands /availability may come later after you have listened to 4 or five of them and chosen the direction.
Best of luck
cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back