Stereo set up for Indian classical..Budget 1 Lakh

Dali Ikon goes very well with a Cyrus 6. If you look around your can get a Dali Ikon 2 (not 1, not 6) + Cyrus 6 under 1 lac. They will be a great pair.

I emphasize on Ikon 2 because Ikon 2 is the better than Ikon 1 in dynamics and better than Ikon 6 in imaging. Price is almost same as Ikon 1. In short, best value in Ikon range. It is also easy to drive. If you can get a tube amp like Yaqin, that will make a very compelling pair for your music taste and will be well under 1 lac, sparing you some cash to spend on source.

Hi, am interested to buy Paradigm Studio 7 or 10... Pls contact or PM me if anything is available in best price...
Im in comparison between KEF Q300 and paradigm... I like all types of music.. Is it true that Paradigm is punchy and Have better Instrument separation Compared with KEF...?
Or will i be satisfied with KEF? Suggesions are welcome...

Hi, am interested to buy Paradigm Studio 7 or 10... Pls contact or PM me if anything is available in best price...
Im in comparison between KEF Q300 and paradigm... I like all types of music.. Is it true that Paradigm is punchy and Have better Instrument separation Compared with KEF...?
Or will i be satisfied with KEF? Suggesions are welcome...

There is no studio 7, It starts with Studio 10 and 20. Monitor 7 and monitor 9 are available. You can contact HTstore or final touch for prices.

Hey Trittya,

Super thanks man, thats so much of time spent for me.
Its always a pleasure, mate, provided I do get the time, eh?

Sonodyne SM 100 AK Added to the audition list, but I have no clue how to audition them. There dealer in Andheri East is saying they do not stock Professional audio stuff.
Get in touch with Sonodyne by email or with Biplob Saha at 09830855260 or their other No 09830855257. They should be able to tell you where to go. Alternatively, you can also Pm FM Malvai (Manav), whose brother Gaurav was dealing in some pro audio stuff incl these. Manav may be able to give you pointers as he had procured a SM50AK pair for his office.

I think the first and the most critical decision is that of the speakers, I first need to find something that I like and then figure out amplification and source for the same. What do you say???

That does make some sense but, OTOH, its easier to carry your amp around (and a CDP/source with your fave auditioning tracks,of course)for auditioning with various speakers rather than the other way round.

At about 25k, you can't go wrong with a Pulz/Norge pre-power setup. I had bought a pair of Pulz RS250 dual monos + a RS100 preamp(with built in phono) from FM Hemant Waghe and though I have played only one so far, I am overkeen on having the entire setup serviced by Pulz themselves to make these beauties as good as new(inspired a FM on the forum who has already got that done). You can always sell these later, though I very much doubt you would. At the price they come, they would make better sense as part of your 2nd system, should you eventually decide to upgrade/augment your system(s).

I have owned a couple of Norges and have heard all of them over the years, incl a 'professional' Technics/Sansui lookalike that sadly, went out of production looooooong ago. The sound signature of all present day Norge amps is fantastic-for-the-money, no doubt, but build quality and features leave a bit to be desired.

Norge amps also tend to clip (read 'run out of steam') sooner than the Pulzs at the same relative/rated wattage output hooked up to the same speakers, playing the same tracks back-to-back.

WRT clipping the Pulz dual monos are in a different league altogether, pretty much comparable to the likes of Marantz PM8003(the lower wattage PM7003 clips sooner) and beyond. The SQ is great, too, partly because of channel separation (due to different transformers/power supplies for each channel, which is why they also drive speakers better than and clip later than amps/AVRs touted at about 80/100 wpc respectively, with a single trafo/power supply) and partly because of the no-nonsense circuitry and component quality.

These are IMO, I make no mistake here,
REAL AMPS at a REAL PRICE for REAL FOLKS.

I have NOT heard/seen the Norge Pre-Power combo but FM Denom here knows about them in detail, having done a detailed no-holds-barred review here on HFV. PM him for his mob No and talk about it. That Gent sure knows what he's talking about.

:clapping: :clapping::clapping:
I owe you thanks and a beer, next time you are in Mumbai, Beer is on me..!!

Khaak-Saar ki
Haunsla-hafzaai
aur uspe
Nawaazi gayi izzat
ke liye lakh SHUKRIYA.

(This creature-of-the-dust
thanks you a hundred thousand times
for the encouraging words
and the appreciation shown.)

:licklips::licklips::licklips:
Looking forward to that beer and to your company.

Last edited:
Guys, I have more or less finalised on speakers.

I had loved the Rethm Saadhna sound but they were way out of my budget at 3.5-4.0 Lakhs. Rethm used to have Lowther based speakers and had 2 models in the previous line up called Maarga (2.5 L) and Saadhna (3.5 L). They have done away with lowther and have developed their own tech for drivers. These speakers are getting raving reviews across the world. They have also introduced an entry level Rethm Trishnaa (1.25L)

Listening #64 | Stereophile.com
6moons audio reviews: Rethm Saadhana
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/rethm6/1.html

Now here is the deal, I am getting a 2 years old Rythm Maarga cabinet fitted with the new Trishna drivers. The old Maarga cabinet had a 5.5" driver, and the new Maarga drivers are 6.5" however Trishna drivers are 5.5" so only a Trishna driver can be fitted in to the old cabinet.

I am getting this from Jacob (Owner of Rethm) directly and he will work on the system for a couple of weeks before shipping it to me from Kochi. They never sell used pair but I was super lucky that they had an extra paid. I have already asked him to book these for me. Jacob suggested that these speakers will sound like the new Trishna but with better lows as it has a bigger cabinet of Maargas. My speaker/ amp upgrades in future should be rethm.

I have'n heard the Maarga/ Trishna speakers and have only heard Saadhna, but I am told it will be a similar sound. If I want to test I may have to fly down to Kochi for an audition. I got to know about these speakers through a FM who PMed me and I am highly grateful to him.

I would love to know from people who have heard or owned Rethm speakers about my decision.

Also, The next quest is for a good sub 50 K New/ Used amplifier to get the best out of the speakers. Our dear FM Jai1611 is helping me find the right match for these speakers. Of course the future aspiration is to buy a Gaanam amp.

I will keep you all posted about my search.

Last edited:
Tube! Tube! Tube!

Please get an entry level Yaqin/Bewitch etc. Yaqin should fit brand new under 50k. Bewitch are slightly expensive but worth the money. If you can go a bit further up, Jolida offers some compelling amps.

Last edited:
Congrats, @mrsingh! Make sure you use the speakers with tube amplification itself. They sound their best with tubes. They need very little power to get loud, so even a 3 watt amp should do.

Hi mrsingh

Welcome to the Rethm club. I have owned all the Rethm speakers from their Rethm Second, to Rethm Saadhana version 1 which you have heard at Jaibirs place to their version 2. In the near future might go for their version 3 with the Indian drivers.

Just check the sensitivity of your speakers with Jacob. It will be about 95 db in which case you will need much more than 3 watts. You will need at least 10-15 watts. Ideally go for a RWA signature 15. It should be great with that speakers.

Last edited:
I have placed the order with Rethm and will get my speakers after 3 weeks...These will be painful 3 weeks for me.

ahhh...someone should you "The Way"..

Didn't get you ?

Tube! Tube! Tube!

Please get an entry level Yaqin/Bewithced etc. Yaqin should fit brand new under 50k. Bewitched are slightly expensive but worth the money. If you can go a bit further up, Jolida offers some compelling amps.

Congrats, @mrsingh! Make sure you use the speakers with tube amplification itself. They sound their best with tubes. They need very little power to get loud, so even a 3 watt amp should do.

Yes, I am almost sure for a tube, however once the speakers arrive will pair them with a few amps and then decide.

Hi mrsingh

Welcome to the Rethm club. I have owned all the Rethm speakers from their Rethm Second, to Rethm Saadhana version 1 which you have heard at Jaibirs place to their version 2. In the near future might go for their version 3 with the Indian drivers.

Just check the sensitivity of your speakers with Jacob. It will be about 95 db in which case you will need much more than 3 watts. You will need at least 10-15 watts. Ideally go for a RWA signature 15. It should be great with that speakers.

Hi Prem,

Thanks a ton, I have of course read your posts and they have helped me decide about Rethm.

I checked with Jacob, since these are the latest drivers their sensitivity is 97 db.

Also how much RWA Signature 15 costs in India ? Does any dealer stock/Demo them ?

Hi mrsingh

The RWA sig 15 can be ordered direct from RWA. It costs $1500.

Jacob normally prefers 10 to 15 watts for his speakers. However a 3 watter does work for me. So i guess its a personal choice.

mrsingh,

thats quite a step up from the poor Tannoy V4's !!

:lol::lol:

enjoy the music !!

regards,
mpw

hi mrsingh

I used to have the Gaanam. Prior to that the Dehavilland and the RWA Sig 30.2. Now i use a Lyrita 2A3 with Dave Slagle's nickel output transformers, chokes and atteunator.

I do not have a cd player as of today. My source is a EMT turntable. Prior to that i had an Esoteric digital rig

mrsingh,

thats quite a step up from the poor Tannoy V4's !!

:lol::lol:

enjoy the music !!

regards,
mpw

Ha ha, I hope so, It was a stretch but I think it will be worth it.

btw, for my TV 2 channel sound Tannoy V4 and Dali Zensor are the final list.

Congratulations on the Rethms mrsingh!

I recall that a FM balu had put up some his RWA gear for sale some time back.
He was going back to the US but I don't remember if they got sold.
Might be worth a look. He was Bangalore based.

I am getting following used and vintage equipments,

Yamaha CDX-560 CD Player (For my Music set up)
Sansui a-40 integrated amplifier (For my TV FS)
Tecnic SUZ 150 amplifier (For my TV FS)

Each of them priced at 6 K

Any suggestions??

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back