Stereo setup comments reqd!!

finally, I am getting a chance to start auditioning the speakers. Do I need to add any other brand (apart from Quad and Usher) if I say 'I do listen to fusion music'?:)

I have Quad 22l2's and just want comment that this entire Quad line has carbon fiber speaker cones and requires extensive time to break in and sound their best. When auditioning ask the dealer how long his demo speakers have been played for. All speakers need break in (so do all electronics) but these Quad's require the longest time per my experience.

If you select the Quad's, out of the box my speakers settled in after about 300 hrs of playing. I've seen a couple of reviews on the internet where the reviewer was not patient or did not know about break in and has given these speakers less then glowing review.

Out of the box these speakers will be bright, midrange shy, and bass heavy. Once they break in they will be quite liquid and transparent.

I've not heard the Usher (but have read good things) so would love to hear your take on them!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back