Stereo speakers advice (limitation on speaker size)

hello,
i have joined today only. i want to buy a hometheater for my house. i am planning for bose acoustic 10 series iv for speakers and denon 1610 or 1910 av receiver. can u just suggest me whether the combination would be good and worth the amount i spend. my room is about 20 by 10. plse give me some suggestion regarding the amplifier and also speakers also

AVR choice is good,but try other spks like-

Wharfedale 9.1set,Mission MVDS5.1, Kef 2005, Q acoustic 1010i, Jamo.

They come from 35k to higher.

low frequency extension.....basically the bass, while tight and accurate down to maybe 60-65 hz doesn't go below that, but for use with a sub in an HT setup i think the Atoms would be excellent.

THey are about 14k a pair.

What is LFE? I thought it was something related to surround sound system (I've vaguely heard of LFE channel). I could give it a try if its available in the shops I go to. Also, how much would the price be? My desired price range is ~15K (20K if something EXCEPTIONALLY better turns up).

Hmm, the Norge 2060 is a stereo amp I think so will I be able to hitch a sub-woofer to it? But it's not such a huge consideration because at least with music I was satisfied with the bass of the MS Avant's so I think I'll be alright on that front.

Also I wanted to ask if the Paradigm Atom's are available for demo at Alliance 4 or any of the audio shops in that area (near DN Nagar police stn)? I'll be lugging my amp along and giving a try to the speakers at hand there and finalize.

Alrighty. After hearing a few speakers I came to the conclusion that the Mordaunt Short Avant 902i worked best with my Norge 2060, and at 12500/- it was cheaper than I expected too. To my surprise, the Mezzo set which cost ~30K sounded a lot more flat and hollow. Recalling the reviews I read of them I feel there may have been something wrong with the piece kept in the shop.

So thanks for all the helpful advice given, I think I have a decent cozy setup now.

One query I have is that the sound I'm taking from my PC (integrated sound) to the amp seems to result in a much lower output than the sound from my standalone DVD player. Is this a problem of the integrated sound being poor or do I need to take a better sort of inter-connecting cable?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back