stereo speakers-towers

Hi Balakrishna,
Fair enough.
The cdps worth considering are Arcam FMJ CD 37 (New, plays SACD and is very very good). Next option Rega Saturn( quirky to use but good sound/dont know how reliable it will be) Third option is a Marantz 15 S1( superb build/SACD player but plays very smooth/ideal for jazz/easy listening but may not be the best for Rock) The other not so popular option in my opinion is a Yamaha CD S 2000 SACD player(superb build, SACD player, very very neutral/transparent presentation and works with a variety of set ups/balanced line out)
All these will be around the 80K mark plus / minus a bit.
The above are options i would look at and the remaining cdp s that are popular with many are the cyrus twins 6 & 8 SE(thin sound bordering on brightness in my set up), Roksan Kandy cdp.
Cant comment on the CA 740/840 as i have not heard them nor have i heard the new Naim.

Are u going to retain the Nad Pre/power and just buy source + speakers?
RGDS

Hi Balakrishna,
Fair enough.
The cdps worth considering are Arcam FMJ CD 37 (New, plays SACD and is very very good). Next option Rega Saturn( quirky to use but good sound/dont know how reliable it will be)

Good suggestions Dinyaar!. How is the new Arcam FMJ Cd37? Did you hear it.( OT I had heard the CD192 which was quite good ). I myself am contemplating one of these players. I think a Naim 5x would also be a good contender in this price range. They also have a new Rega Apollo SE ( limited to 500 pieces ).

Good suggestions Dinyaar!. How is the new Arcam FMJ Cd37? Did you hear it.( OT I had heard the CD192 which was quite good ). I myself am contemplating one of these players. I think a Naim 5x would also be a good contender in this price range. They also have a new Rega Apollo SE ( limited to 500 pieces ).

Hi Saurabh,
Yes heard the Arcam FMJ cd37. HEard it when i accompanied forum member madjack audition a few speakers at the dealers. The amps were mark levinson/Bryston and the speakers were the Morels. Recently heard it again at a friends and this time with a MF amp and focals and the cdp was really great. IMO the cdp to beat at this price.
Have no idea of the Special edition apollo. Actually both rega sound good to me. A friend bought one last year from Uk and in less than a year the cdp is rejecting half his music collection !!!!!!!!! Maybe a one off case or could be a problem that will bite all owners.
No idea of the new Naim. Only opinion i have is that its overpriced in relation to int. prices.
Rgds

who is jolida and where does she live/

That is a really good one.

Well Jolida lives in the US and 'she' has some lovely audio 'assets'. Some men are crazy about her, and she was forced to open a website to sell her 'assets'. She uses mostly 'tubes' to send pleasant shock waves up your audio nerves.

She is quite expensive to be used for a few nights, so men are forced to buy her 'assets' and variations permanently so that they can be enjoyed for a long time. So Jolida went about finding ways and means to multiplicate her 'assets'. For more details on Jolida and her 'assets' please visit http://www.jolida.com/contact/index.shtml.

Cheers

PS. I am impressed with the beauty of the English language. Sometimes you can play havoc with double meaning.

2nd PS. Anm, my sincere apologies, but I just had to write this note. Please take with a beeeeg smile. :):):):)

Double Cheers

HAHAHA
Anm she is a 'smooth operator' and may not 'reveal' too much!!!!!!!!! Wont be direct and upfront like so many of her rivals so U will have to get 'closer' to her for real bliss!!!
Cant say more as the moderator will ban me for unsuitable content.
Rgds

Hi Saurabh,
Yes heard the Arcam FMJ cd37. HEard it when i accompanied forum member madjack audition a few speakers at the dealers. The amps were mark levinson/Bryston and the speakers were the Morels. Recently heard it again at a friends and this time with a MF amp and focals and the cdp was really great. IMO the cdp to beat at this price.
Have no idea of the Special edition apollo. Actually both rega sound good to me. A friend bought one last year from Uk and in less than a year the cdp is rejecting half his music collection !!!!!!!!! Maybe a one off case or could be a problem that will bite all owners.
No idea of the new Naim. Only opinion i have is that its overpriced in relation to int. prices.
Rgds

Is the Arcam FMJ cd37 available in India? if so for how much. I had gotten a quote for the CD192 last year and it was ridiculously priced.Maybe the downward slide of the pound has helped with prices.

Hi Saurabh,
Yes the Arcam FMJ CD 37 is available in bbay. Its about a lac.
Since the distribution is from delhi u could get a quote from the importer himself. If the 192 is offered at a 'good' price even that is a good option to consider.
Overpricing has become a way of life with some dealers/distributors and sadly that will only get worse. U can get around it by getting it from abroad but u run the risk of lack of service/warranty. In some cases its worth the risk and in some its not.
Rgds

if one were to A/B the 192 and the cd 37 what kind of difference would one find? I have heard the 192 . Was very good. A/B'ed it with the Jolida and the Marantz SA 15.. Blew the Marantz out of the water and was slightly superior to the Jolida in terms of midrange and overall detail . Surprisingly the Marantz sucked.

How much better would the 37 be ? ANy opinions ?

Hi Saurabh,
My wife brought the 192 from UK two years ago for a good price(compared to local price) for my cousins set up. The cdp is very good and has played flawlessly. I hear his set up very often and i would say its sounds very very close to the newer arcam. The newer cdp seems a little more lively but other than that i cant tell much difference. It does not have SACD though. Now this 192 was also priced at almost a lac so the newer cd37 with added SACD playback seems a better option but if u are getting old stock of 192 at say 60K i would take it.
In the UK they cleared of cd192 stocks at under 400GBP when the 37 was introduced.
Rgds

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back