Stereo speakers under 1.5 lakhs

prateekatasniya

Need help to find a pair of stereo speakers under 1.5 lakhs.
I have short listed a few but I'm open to other options. Only new.
Tannoy xt6f
Svs prime towers
Corrson ms610
Wharfedale Jade 5
Kef r500

Budget for amp is 1.2 lakhs
Total setup budget is 2.5 to 3 lakhs
Good bass is a MUST.
Speakers should go below 40hz if not then will add a subwoofer.

Forgot to mention that the speakers cannot be placed away from the wall. They will be placed 6 inches from the wall at max

Lower frequencies ??

If proximity to the wall is a constraint/ priority I would suggest you check out Audionote system- they can be placed quite close to the wall/ corners and they have good bass response too!
They do shine with their tube based amplification and have multiple options to suit your budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tannoy revolution is a good option, buying XT8F seems to be the better option, I have a revolution series stand mount, Truly awesome sound, you can check them.

Rethm Bhava with its default 2.2 configuration at Rs1.2L is a better alternative for you, since you are looking for a good low range. They are least placement finicky in the Rethm range. The Kef Q900 can also be considered.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Tannoy revolution is a good option, buying XT8F seems to be the better option, I have a revolution series stand mount, Truly awesome sound, you can check them.

Rethm Bhava with its default 2.2 configuration at Rs1.2L is a better alternative for you, since you are looking for a good low range. They are least placement finicky in the Rethm range. The Kef Q900 can also be considered.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Amplifier for rethm bhaava??Kef r900 cost is too high. Rethm doesn't has speaker grill?

Amplifier for rethm bhaava??Kef r900 cost is too high. Rethm doesn't has speaker grill?
Rethm Bhava is less finicky about amp pairing as well, any SS amp of 40 w + should be able to drive them with ease (according to brand owner Jacob) , the top driver is full range which is easier to drive and the woofer is anyways powered with its own amp circuit. I listened to the Setup at Kochi with Tube Pre-power setup. There are many aspirants for Rethm Bhava on the forum , if all could work out a group buy it'll be great.

You could consider Lyrita DHt tube preamp (almost 40k INR, but you're saving 25k out of your budget for speakers) with a SS power amp. Actually, I was considering this tube preamp from Lyrita but postponed due to year end financial commitments. Other tube amps from Lyrita can be considered as well, the tube amp for Rethm audition @Kochi was of 10W power if I remember correctly.

I don't think lack of a speaker grill for only top driver shouldn't matter much, one can be made locally if required.

Rethm Bhava is less finicky about amp pairing as well, any SS amp of 40 w + should be able to drive them with ease (according to brand owner Jacob) , the top driver is full range which is easier to drive and the woofer is anyways powered with its own amp circuit. I listened to the Setup at Kochi with Tube Pre-power setup. There are many aspirants for Rethm Bhava on the forum , if all could work out a group buy it'll be great.

You could consider Lyrita DHt tube preamp (almost 40k INR, but you're saving 25k out of your budget for speakers) with a SS power amp. Actually, I was considering this tube preamp from Lyrita but postponed due to year end financial commitments. Other tube amps from Lyrita can be considered as well, the tube amp for Rethm audition @Kochi was of 10W power if I remember correctly.

I don't think lack of a speaker grill for only top driver shouldn't matter much, one can be made locally if required.

Lyrita makes amps with remote ??

Lyrita makes amps with remote ??

Nope, that's my concern as well ; need to check with Mr Viren, can a remote for volume and input be added?
Many pricey tube preamps don't have remotes.
Since many cdp (even my Marantz CD 6006 doesn't have) doesn't have a volume controls on remote, power amps doesn't have remotes, it becomes quite important to have a remote for preamp at least.

I have almost finalised wharfedale Jade 3 or 5. Confused between these two.
Which preamp / power amp or integrated amp or tube or solid state
Remote is compulsory. It should be warm sounding ( this is must)
Music source- YouTube, mp3 from phones.
User is my uncle. Don't criticize me for using such audio sources .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back