Stereo system for 2 Lakhs

has anyone here used this miniwatt amp? Pls post reviews in another thread pls.

regards
slightly offtopic - I havent heard this amp but have the Dayens integrated amp (mentioned in the miniwatt review), the ampino is wonderful..

cheers

have created another thread for the miniwatt OT. Oddyssey - please add there a review/ cost of the equipment pls.

regards

slightly offtopic - I havent heard this amp but have the Dayens integrated amp (mentioned in the miniwatt review), the ampino is wonderful..

cheers

For a real VFM Source component , look no further ,grab the OPPO Universal player. It can be had here in India (and New Delhi) for less than 20-25K with Bill (Warranty ? no idea ) . It plays everything including SACD. If you want something better than OPPO then you need to spend in the tune of 80K+.

Hope this helps.

Thanks anm and moserw

I only have a DVD player right now (Samsung 1080p), worth about 5800 Rs. I was not thinking of using it as a source. Largely because i wanted to tell my small kid to keep off the stereo system and play with anything else.

Other than this the only thing i have collected is a set of CDs (largely music today) of hindustani and south indian classical. Would welcome suggestions of any other good recording sources. I read elsewhere in the forum about the lack of good quality recordings in CDs and i pretty much second that.

The trend that i am getting from the suggestions is that a) the lesser known brands may offer a better experience or atleast will be VFM, b) choose speakers after listening to them and getting comfortable, c) choose amps after that and d) spend least on CDP, around 25K.

Let me do a round of auditions on speakers and will get back to the forum with some requests.

does it play movies off usb?

For a real VFM Source component , look no further ,grab the OPPO Universal player. It can be had here in India (and New Delhi) for less than 20-25K with Bill (Warranty ? no idea ) . It plays everything including SACD. If you want something better than OPPO then you need to spend in the tune of 80K+.

Hope this helps.

This is distribute your 2L in the best way. If you spend a lot on CD out of this budget, you would end up compromising on speakers and amp. And if you do that, maybe the advantage of a very high end source would get lost if your music reproduction system is not up to the mark. There is one tube amp purchased by Asit and he is very happy with it. You may audition that as well. So audition your speakers with a few type of amps like tubes, SS, high powered amps.

regards

d) spend least on CDP, around 25K.

Let me do a round of auditions on speakers and will get back to the forum with some requests.

hey Suhas so would you say the Oppo is superior to the Cambridge Audio 640C, 740C, the Marantz 7001, NAD C542, 545 etc.? and also i presume you're talking about the 980 and 983, because the 981, which is the only model officially available in India, is not supposed to be great for audio CD playback.

Hope this helps.

I agree i've the oppo 983 & the nad 542 as well. I had compared them a long time ago & from what i remember to me the Nad sounds more refined whereas the oppo is a bit harsh.
Cheers

yeah i've read this review, and the 981 is supposed to be comparable to the 970, with the 980 and 983 being superior, but I don't believe they are comparable or superior to CD players in the 20-30k price range. I understand that they're excellent transports for using an external DAC though.

HELLO sir
I have cadence 1.5,yeas old with original packing. VA1HP&ARISTA SPEAKERS I am looking for a buyer. you have interested I will give u, a good price. 15,0000 rs. the original cost is morthan, 3, lak call me at further discussion mob-09388967007

[email protected]

how old are the aristas? are they the mk-ii? do they have the fraunhofer labs' ES panel membrane? also, is the va1 the pure class a or the 36 watt version?

I agree i've the oppo 983 & the nad 542 as well. I had compared them a long time ago & from what i remember to me the Nad sounds more refined whereas the oppo is a bit harsh.
Cheers

the Oppo 980 is an excellent CDP/SACDP, xlnt VFM. however, when compared to a pure RBCD player like say, the CEC3300R, the CEC blows the Oppo away (IMHO). have the 980 (for SACD) and the 981 (for DVD).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back