Stereo system for about Rs 1.5 lakh?

Since you brought the automobile analogy ... When I see a Honda city, the first word that comes to mind is 'boring'. I see it as a utility vehicle for someone who wants to get around, not for someone who is interested in automobiles. At least Nano's uniqueness gives it some character.

Many of us on this board actually enjoy experiment with different equipment, if only to explore the possibilities. We spend considerable amount of time researching equipment and learning about how they work. Good sound is always the goal but the process of finding it is equally important.

The equivalent car guy would be someone who has half dozen cars in the garage, some of them more than a few decades old. But all well maintained and running. He would probably prefer spending his weekend in the garage than going out :)

But yes, I don't expect the same attitude from everyone who comes to the board. It doesn't look like OP's friend is particularly interested in audio. He is probably looking for something equivalent of 'City'. A quick and safe way to get the job done without having to spend time/energy.

Though I would sooner let my friend buy my underwear than choose my audio equipment :)

Hi That Guy,

I find your comments very insightful and interesting. Your views are refreshingly clear. I quite agree with many who hold that the 'safe' can be very boring after a while whereas something 'different' may continue to hold the listeners' interest.

I feel that part of the interest in audio equipment lies in its quirkiness and the difference in sound quality between equipment with comparable specifications. Hence the difficulty in mixing and matching equipment.

It is difficult to disagree with the view that audio equipment cannot be sold by prescription for various price points. Unless it is heard for extended listening periods no useful opinions can be formed. Hence the difficulty in recommending 'the best equipment for Rs. 1.5 lakh'.

Regards.

NAD C375BEE is a good Stereo amp in the required price range. You must budget something for cables, interconnect etc (15k). No point starting out with a misleading budget which gets busted. Cheap stuff will deny you the tru benefit of your more prominent purchases like Speakers, Amp, DAC etc.

Why criticise a person who has to spend 2x money v/s just x? If he spends correctly, gets a well balanced well tuned set-up, which remains stable and maintenance free for a long time, and produces good music, why not?

There is quite a bit of hype around learning etc. Several years of listening to good music can go by before ones learning is complete. Better to get an expert to do the initial setup with the best set-up one can afford, and then listen to good music, and along the way, sure, learn too.

i seriously doubt this type of threads

"Stereo in 1.5lakh"

"speakers in 90K"

Really ?? do newcomers spend such funds on audio ?
Ok newbie has money..but how real is that a newbie will allocate such sum
for new venture

(Most of)These thread are the threads that motivate buyers in 20 -40K range ...loaded by the sellers.

How many of people agree?????
Many people asks why investing huge money on audio..Of course they ask "Are you crazy?"

All depends on what we want and what we enjoy. Even we spend money unnessary in many ways. Some people spend money on electronic gadgets.. Some people spend money on clothes(especially ladies..:licklips:) and other luxury things. But if we work it right we can save huge money and invest in good audio that really we use it 100% and enjoy it. Spending here is worth i think..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back