STK Hybrid ChipAmp Board for my nephew

Ronnie

My nephew(cousin's son) was here in Singapore with me for few days and he is a 14year old. After seeing my speakers and some DIY stuff, he was very excited to do a bit of stuff back home... He wanted to do something with decent power (read 30+ Watts per channel).

I can't suggest him Tripath boards as he wanted to build it up from PCB level at least. (he was all set to etch his own PCB in fact until I discouraged :))
I have been out of India for many years now... But I remember back in the days, we could buy STK4141 MKii or STK 459/STK 439 bare(unpopulated) PCBs.

He lives in Bangalore, but may be traveling to Cochin after the exams. So are there any shops in SP road or anywhere else in Bangalore that still sell them? Anyone here have seen those boards... Or even their fully assembled versions?

Or is there any place in Cochin(I remember Matha Electronics near Medical Trust hospital)

Else I will send himLM3886 Gainclone boards. I can buy them on ebay and send from here in Singapore, Which I would like to avoid if possible. Shipping them from here defeat the purpose if he blows something and parts are not locally available.

Last edited:
Components for most lm3886 boards are available in India. Some forum members like linuxguru have great boards for the myref and mini ref.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back