Strange sound from one output from avr

hannibal09

My setup

Marantz nr1508
Q acoustics 3050i, 3090ci & polk Owm3 sub- BIC PL200

So I may be there for some time but I realised this now while adding a media player. Fussing sound is coming from left speaker. So changed output to central speaker then noise started coming from that speaker. So now i know this is from avr and no issue from cable or speekar.
Noise volume goes down with volume operator.

What could be the issue? Attaching noise sample

My setup

Marantz nr1508

So I may be there for some time but I realised this now while adding a media player. Fussing sound is coming from left speaker. So changed output to central speaker then noise started coming from that speaker. So now i know this is from avr and no issue from cable or speekar.

I had a similar kind of problem with my DAC that when sent to Schiit audio for warranty repair, they replaced the analog board. So, unless I am wrong, some serious issue going on inside. But I pray that I am wrong.

My setup

Marantz nr1508

Try another source! Same issue then AVR could be at fault.

If AVR is at fault, before visiting the technician, write down/save the settings that worked for you and do a reset. Sometimes a simple reset helps to get things in order.

Thanks all for your inputs. I have switched off everything for now and will be checking back on weekend due to time constraints. Will update accordingly here.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back