stratospheric rarification of audiophilia

Threads like these are the reason most of the Premium Stuff is Nowadays Getting Sold in the inner circles ; Various Whatsapp groups have evolved in such a fashion that nowadays you are Rarely Getting Good Stuff on HFV classifieds. I use a simple saying " it is Sellers Device and he Can decide whom to sell, its Buyers Money and he can decide from Whom to buy (Nothing Can be Guaranteed until the transaction is complete)". For ex. If Same item is posted by 2 sellers at the same price point few days apart, can you ask the buyer to buy first from the First Poster? Similarly Sellers are human beings and its unusual to expect them to be unbiased.

I know that it feels bad to be let down especially when the item under question is quite rare (and you have initiated the initial proposal to buy ) , and reasonably priced ; but it also means that we need to have luck & money both to get some things which are Rare. For Some items its buyers market and for some it is Sellers market, nothing can be done to change that inherent bias. In Short, Classifieds Section is a Market and only Rules of Market apply, there's no place for emotions and ethical standards which I think/expect everyone should follow.

I have been on either side of the issue, but I feel holding for a week with a non refundable token amount, (at least) should not be a big problem for big budget purchases (more than 1L). Your bank account may have restrictions for transferring a large amount to a newly added Beneficiary ; (the only account I use for online transactions has such limits and part of the restrictions have been approved by me. Like not more than 50k per day etc). I understand the struggles of budget audiophiles (I have been one too, a decade ago) and I feel its my responsibility to pay back the community which supported me during my struggling years.

I don't have much sale threads, but in few threads I had put following words.

"All sale are final and no returns. Kindly give time to respond. If more than one buyer please allow me to decide as convenient and appropriate to me. Hope you understand."
Example 1 and Example 2
At first it may sound like little rude or blunt but it saves lots of inconvenience to both parties.

Clarification : however for things which are in giveaway thread I claim all the right to be the first.
Enjoy the weekend guys. :)

I pompously announce successful purchase of a mediocre turntable.
What did you get ?
Regards.

Sometimes it can be a 'blessing in disguise' on being a budget audiophile and a window shopper for drool equipment.

In this regard, I absolutely understand the distress of @msaab90 in not being able to jump the queue at the behest of the owner/seller @reubensm.
I am sure it would have been equally tough for @reubensm to let go of the equipment to the final buyer as I know the extent of enjoyment he has in owning and maintaining them.

Such equipment are beyond value and guys like me who are happy with ogling are the blessed ones. You can ask any other cheapo FM like me. An interlude from @keith_correa would be interesting :)

Such equipment are beyond value and guys like me who are happy with ogling are the blessed ones.
I'm so beyond ogling. If at all I ogle, it's only for the aesthetics. Perverted? Yes, I know!! :) The rest just doesn't do it for me any more. I've come to terms with the fact that the sonic differences (perceived or real) are too close to justify spending an obscene amount on anything audio. Like you, I'm blessed too. Or maybe I'm just too old and my ears are turning to Lead! :)

You can ask any other cheapo FM like me.
A.k.a. @keith_correa. I think I get my "cheapness" from my mother. My father liked to spend though the simple guy didn't have much. Enough of the dirty linen!

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back