Streaming device

If you could wait and stretch the budget, Nvidia shield is the best in terms of h/w performance and regular software updates. Supports DD+ on Prime and able to bitstream most common formats in Kodi. I moved from a HTPC to Nvidia Shield two years back and it has worked out well for me.

If you could wait and stretch the budget, Nvidia shield is the best in terms of h/w performance and regular software updates. Supports DD+ on Prime and able to bitstream most common formats in Kodi. I moved from a HTPC to Nvidia Shield two years back and it has worked out well for me.
is the Nvidia shield available in India through authorised dealers or online partners? Tanotis seems to be selling it for 22k.

I will mostly buy firestick 4k if it comes again on sale on amazon. It is enough for my casual usage, since i will be using PC to play all high definition contents. Apple tv and shield are good for there price, but they would be overkill for my requirement.

is the Nvidia shield available in India through authorised dealers or online partners? Tanotis seems to be selling it for 22k.

I don't think Nvidia has launched any of its shield product range in India so there won't be any authorized dealers. A couple of years ago I have seen some stores in Chennai selling it for around 16K (likely imported) . Given the popularity I guess it should be available in the electronics market and even some AV stores.

Buy the firestick if budget is an issue. Mi has lot of bug related complaints. If budget is not a constraint then apple or nvidea. Apple if you have a apple phone etc products will be good as it has its own universe and features. Else Nvidia

It is capable of 5.1 output from streaming services from prime.. I don't have Netflix subscription.. But it should also be able to do there too..

Am using Mi box 4K, connected to a secondary screen just doing 2.0 needs in a bedroom.. But I had it connected to my AVR and check if it did 5.1 output over prime, and it does..
I am using Mi Box 4k, it definately bitstreams DD+ on Prime as well as Netflix. On Kodi it can do DD and DTS too.

if anyone is using mi box 4k, then please confirm if 5.1 channel support is there or not
Like I said, it does and I am quite happy with it ATM. Only issue it is not able to bitstream DF or DTS on Plex. I am still not sure on Plex. I ll have to do bit of googling.

if price conscious should look no further than Firestick 4k like everyone recommended, supports most formats, fast UI and best of all world class support in case something goes wrong even after standard 1 year of warranty.
else Nvidia shield is the best streaming player, you will not regret it a bit for sure.

I have decided on firestick 4k. just waiting for some sale on amazon. It sold for 3600rs last time, will wait till next time. Already put a price tracker on it.

The Mibox 4k does 5.1 and would choose it over Firestick most days. Have found Firestick 4k to be finicky with the audio out when plugged in some AVRs.

bought firestick 4k today, but when I connected it to avr and played jack ryan on Amazon video, it didnt played in atmos. Does anyone know what could be issue. Avr is denon 3600h and playing it on a 32" FHD TV.

bought firestick 4k today, but when I connected it to avr and played jack ryan on Amazon video, it didnt played in atmos. Does anyone know what could be issue. Avr is denon 3600h and playing it on a 32" FHD TV.
Amazon has removed atmos from Jack Ryan as of now. they might bring it in future

2. Mi box 4k: support just 2.1 audio, support google play store, built in chromecast ultra, usb drive. Price 3500
I think MI supports DD , DTS through hdmi out. But no Atmos support mentioned.
Also : with AV: SPDIF Out / 3.5mm audio output x 1 port

Seems to be a decent player for the price. Since its android box you can install more Apps comparing to Fire stick.

Not sure , whether there are any real users of MI box in this forum. You may check.

I think member @elangoas is using Mi box?

Yes, am using Mi box 4K, bought in India for 3.5K from local store.. Have been using this for purely streaming purpose, attached to a Projector directly in bed room..

However, i connected Mi box 4K to Denon AVR in living room and checked with pass through capability.

However, i checked the passthrough capability with 1080p files with Atmos & Dts X audio streams connected to my Denon x 3300 AVR with an external hard disk, played thru Kodi media player.

If the BR Rip has Atmos audio stream, Mi box 4K sends the audio stream as Dolby Digital 5.1 to AVR via HDMI..

If the BR Rip has Dts X audio stream, Mi box 4K send the audio stream as DTS 5.1 to AVR via HDMI..

For streaming with prime app, it is capable of Dolby Digital Plus via HDMI to AVR..

This issue seems a limitation of Android version..

My brother has Mi box 3, which is on Android 8 i think and still passes thru Dolby Atmos, Dts X via HDMI to AVR..

After completing my purchase of Home theatre, I am in market for a streaming device. I was going to purchase mi box 4k yesterday,but thought of doing some research before making a purchase. So, here are options that i looked for.

1. Firestick 4k: support atmos(for prime video) and surround for other app. No chromecast/phone mirroring. support amazon appstore only. 3600rs in sale yesterday
2. Mi box 4k: support just 2.1 audio, support google play store, built in chromecast ultra, usb drive. Price 3500
3. Roku premiere: dolby digital, google play store, Price 9k(what i can see)
4. Shield Pro : pretty expensive and almost out of my budget, but support atmos on most of play
tform.

Currently, My sources are laptop and PC, but I have to turn them on everytime and run a long hdmi from HT to my bed when I connect laptop. So, I am just looking for a easy solution which can be operated while lying on bed and I can control audio/video on screen.

I am not looking for high quality audio support since I have PC for any type of playback.
Get a wireless keyboard with trackpad. It will be much cheaper than any of the streamers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back