Street price of the Sony Oled A8F??

Nanu

Hey,

I would like to know whats the street price of the 65inch sony AF8 or A8F, though its MRP is 4.5 lacs,
anyone got a street price.

The best for the 55inch I have been quoted 2.35 lacs is that decent, its MRP is 3.3 lacs?

Thanks a lot.

I don't know,but today I seen old 2017version got pretty good discount on amezon.1.59 for oled kd-55a1 sony.other sites have more than 2k price

Where I dont see it listed anywhere for less than 2.35lacs....even the old one would do for me but I am looking for 65inch.

Diwali offers should start rolling out soon. Wait a week or two and then buy. You'll get much better prices at smaller outlets. They may not have it on display but pricing will usually be better.

Sure thing Chaos, will wait for Diwali...Just starting to enquire.

Have been offered the 65 AF8/A8F for 3.1L without any free bluetooth headphones from local dealer is this a decent price? MRP is 4.5L..
Have seen it online for about 3.4L

Last edited:
Have been offered the 65 AF8/A8F for 3.1L without any free bluetooth headphones from local dealer is this a decent price? MRP is 4.5L..
Have seen it online for about 3.4L

If you have that kind of budget, buy the Panasonic Z950, Internationally it has been considered as one of the best

If you have that kind of budget, buy the Panasonic Z950, Internationally it has been considered as one of the best

Waiting to see it in person first..The dealer has mu number since over a month but they have not gotten any OLed's yet.....
Anyhow, I did not like the speaker setup of the Z1000, the 950 is not available in the size we are looking at.

Last edited:
For the first two days of the 2018 Flipkart sale, Sony AF8 (2018) 55 inch was available for Rs.2,20,000 listed price less Rs.5,000 HDFC card discount and Rs.60,000 special online payment discount = Rs.1,55,000 net (MRP: Rs.3,30,000). You could see that price only after going to the order page.

But I believe that 55 inch is too small for such a good TV.

I don't remember the exact discount on the 65 inch model, but I think it was a similar discount of Rs.65,000 from its listed price of Rs.3.5 lacs (MRP of Rs.4,50,000) at a net price of Rs.2.85 lacs.

The prices will drop as the A9F model is about to launch. And they are coming back with the bad slanting design at A1E of 2017. Sony seems to be losing the plot on TV just as they have lost it in mobiles.

I haven't seen the Panasonic model or its reviews. If you do consider it, then make sure that it has a glossy screen like this Sony model or the LG B8/C8 series. More details on a glossy screen in my thread here:

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/tv-demand-a-glossy-screen-for-your-money.72176/

I don't remember the exact discount on the 65 inch model, but I think it was a similar discount of Rs.65,000 from its listed price of Rs.3.5 lacs (MRP of Rs.4,50,000) at a net price of Rs.2.85 lacs.

Got calls with offer for 3.05 this morning, holding out till end of the month....hope your above calculation is right... :)

You can wait max till Diwali, Nov 7. If the price hasn't gone down by then, then it will only go down near the end of their old stock, maybe before March-end.

Rs.2.90 lacs may become possible for the 65inch. Also keep an eye on Amz and FK during Diwali.

My problem is the major price difference between the 55in and 65in models. Twice the price for 10 inch difference. If you can live with it, then 55in for around Rs.1.60 lacs would be a good deal. Prices will be going down and you can upgrade to 65in in 2 years. By then the tech will also have improved and hopefully Sony will have dropped the idea of the slanting stand.

I don't know the exact price. You can keep a watch on their listings on Flipkart and Amazon.

I expect a difference in pricing of Rs.20k to Rs.40k and would not go for LG over Sony unless there is a higher price difference and there is a budget limitation. This is due to better upscaling, motion smoothness and better quality checks with less changes of failures.

LG C8 is for 2.39L on tata cliq (additional 5k cashback if you use any debit/credit card and 2 yrs additional warranty). Effective price of 2.34L with 3 years warranty is a much better deal than Sony a8

I got a price of 2.5L form the local dealer for the 65" C8, and 2.4L for the 65" B8.
This is without any cash back, the dealer said on should be about 10%...

I got a price of 2.5L form the local dealer for the 65" C8, and 2.4L for the 65" B8.
This is without any cash back, the dealer said on should be about 10%...

Yup, I got the same price as well. I’m probably going to pull the trigger. Don’t think the Sony ones will go less than 3L and I don’t feel the price difference is justifiable.

Yup, I got the same price as well. I’m probably going to pull the trigger. Don’t think the Sony ones will go less than 3L and I don’t feel the price difference is justifiable.

Speak to them they will even send a demo unit home to test out, I got a call this evening form LG saying they could send a 65inch so I could test it in "my space." :)

And about the comparison with the A8F, well to each their own.. :)
Comparing the A8F to the Panasonic FZ1000 @ 3.7L and the Sony A9F probably about 4L, the A9F doesn't seem all that much, but yeah just comparing the price to the LG is not so fair.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back