Sub for XUV500

sadik

Hi Friends,

I've been away from this site for a long time. Schedule was a bit busy. Now somewhat work load is over so back on my Hobby.

I am planning to built a SUB Enclosure for one of my Friend. It will be fitted in Mahindra XUV500. The max width available was 8" in Bottom & at a height of 350 mm from bottom the width available was max 5". Hence I have to design a box which was like triangular shape. Link for Drawing. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2a9DN9GbmtBTG55SDl3RmMxX00 .Draw back for triangular Shape box is that normal subwoofer cannot fit in it, because the Depth of it was fouling with real panel of Enclosure, hence driver chosen was Shallow Mounted. (A bit Costly but there was no option)

The Project has been started already but missed to take Photos of IN-PROCESS work of the SUB Enclosure.

I am using Infinity Reference 1200S Shallow Mount Sub. Details Specifications on link. http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aau...an/default/dw18124d86/pdfs/REF1200S_TS_EN.pdf

The Enclosure has been designed in WinISD. The Volume of Box is 40 Ltr. & its tuned frequency is 30Hz. I Will Upload Pics later after Completion. This is my First Enclosure designed in WinISD, so any suggestions are welcomed, they can help me in my future designs.

Sadik

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I've been away from this site for a long time. Schedule was a bit busy. Now somewhat work load is over so back on my Hobby.

I am planning to built a SUB Enclosure for one of my Friend. It will be fitted in Mahindra XUV500. The max width available was 8" in Bottom & at a height of 350 mm from bottom the width available was max 5". Hence I have to design a box which was like triangular shape. Link for Drawing. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2a9DN9GbmtBTG55SDl3RmMxX00 .Draw back for triangular Shape box is that normal subwoofer cannot fit in it, because the Depth of it was fouling with real panel of Enclosure, hence driver chosen was Shallow Mounted. (A bit Costly but there was no option)

The Project has been started already but missed to take Photos of IN-PROCESS work of the SUB Enclosure.

I am using Infinity Reference 1200S Shallow Mount Sub. Details Specifications on link. http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aau...an/default/dw18124d86/pdfs/REF1200S_TS_EN.pdf

The Enclosure has been designed in WinISD. The Volume of Box is 40 Ltr. & its tuned frequency is 30Hz. I Will Upload Pics later after Completion. This is my First Enclosure designed in WinISD, so any suggestions are welcomed, they can help me in my future designs.

Sadik

Which variant... are you keeping the stock head unit and speakers...? checked one of my friends W6, virtually no space to install sub... to me it seems, only if the third row seats are removed, you can get enough real estate for sub woofers.

@ Hydrovac
I think weather it is W6 or W8, the space is same. Have you checked the Drawing shared on my google Drive (link was given in my 1st post), It is designed as per space available in XUV. Also this is the sole reason to use Shallow Mount Sub woofer. Secondly i have chosen 12mm MDF, the Enclosure will be baffled properly from inside, these baffles are not shown in Drawing. The reason for using 12mm MDF is to get that extra 12mm depth which i could loose in 18 mm MDF or Ply. In this case even an extra mm matters. Secondly the head unit will be Company Fitted but the Door Speakers will be replaced by JBL or any other Brand & they will be connected directly to head unit. It will be good if you or any other member can guide me for Door Speaker from below mentioned makes

JBL, Blaupunkt, Mac Audio, Ground Zero

@ Hydrovac
I think weather it is W6 or W8, the space is same. Have you checked the Drawing shared on my google Drive (link was given in my 1st post), It is designed as per space available in XUV. Also this is the sole reason to use Shallow Mount Sub woofer. Secondly i have chosen 12mm MDF, the Enclosure will be baffled properly from inside, these baffles are not shown in Drawing. The reason for using 12mm MDF is to get that extra 12mm depth which i could loose in 18 mm MDF or Ply. In this case even an extra mm matters. Secondly the head unit will be Company Fitted but the Door Speakers will be replaced by JBL or any other Brand & they will be connected directly to head unit. It will be good if you or any other member can guide me for Door Speaker from below mentioned makes

JBL, Blaupunkt, Mac Audio, Ground Zero

I agree, have seen couple of these type of woofers... ARC and infiniti bass-link T with dual radiators. As they are flat, they can be fitted behind the backseat... but the options are really limited and very expensive.

IMO you first experience the stock system with sub setup for some time and then think about it. I got to experience some in my friend's XUV and it is not GREAT but definitely can live with it.

For better SQ you may look at JBL, Focal, Morel Maximo, Rockford Fosgate... any component can go in the door pads, of course some amount of cutting may be required, but without an amp 'm not sure of the effectiveness of aftermarket components.

All in Vein .... The Space is too Small to fit the Box in ... Everything gone in scrap .. now have to design a new one even thinner than this but this time it would be a sealed box ..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back