Sub preout of my Avr giving a continuous hmmm sound. Any help please ...

Naveenbnc

Hey guys, for the first time I connected an active sub (mono amp+sub) to my earlier avr that came in YamahaYHT196 package.

Instead of giving bass, a continuous and big hmmmm notice is coming from the sub.

Any solution for this please... is there a problem with sub preout ??? Or any settings ???

(I know the mono amp+sub is working fine.... Because is works well with my other amp RXV681)

Try using a different cable....it could be possible that the dry solder inside the AVR for the pre out port may have come off...hence the shield or ground is causing the issue...

Hey guys, for the first time I connected an active sub (mono amp+sub) to my earlier avr that came in YamahaYHT196 package.

Instead of giving bass, a continuous and big hmmmm notice is coming from the sub.

Any solution for this please... is there a problem with sub preout ??? Or any settings ???

(I know the mono amp+sub is working fine.... Because is works well with my other amp RXV681)
Try a subwoofer new cable, if it a 50hz hmmm then change the polarity of the plug for the sub or the AVR.

Hello all... Thanks a lot for all the help.
The cables are the issue. I kept on changing different cables. And finally everything is working. Both inbuilt sub terminals and preout are working.

Thank you very much for the help ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back