Subs Configuration

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

I am looking for some expert advise is configuring my SVS SB 1000. I have recently purchase Marantz SR7013 which I will be using only for the Stereo Music for the time being. The Speakers will be Dali Zensor 7 and would also like to add the SVS SB 1000. Can you please advise as what exact settings should i keep now if I am using the SR7013 at present only for stereo or music listening. I have shared the picture below....

Regards
Rajiv

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 9.53.23 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 9.53.23 PM.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 25
Method 1:
Place in most convenient position, get the levels as per Audessey, then fine tune by ear.

Method 2:
Or take the long way out and play the placement/position game.
Set the crossover at just about where your main speakers start tapering off.
Level depends hearing preference. If you crank it high, it will boom and get muddy.
This method does not use Audessey; only your ears and buckets of patience.

Not familiar with SVS technology, but I assume you will attempt with low level input to begin with.

Cheers,
Raghu

Can you please advise as what exact settings should i keep now if I am using the SR7013 at present only for stereo or music listening. I have shared the picture below....

- Keep the volume on the sub to 50% before you start calibration..
- Keep the phase on the sub to 0..
- Set the crossover frequency on the sub to full..Fully turn it up all the way..

Run the calibration, post that, get the speakers menu and set L/R to Small.. Set crossover as 80Hz.. under bass set it to LFE..

After you have done all of the above, get to Audyssey sub menu and set the Audyssey curve to "Flat/Reference" based on your preference..
Dynamic EQ - On (or) off based on your preference..
Dynamic Vol - Set it to off..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back