Subwoffer compatibility

Anik06

Hi,

I have denon 1713 AVR. I am planning to buy BIC America pl200 subwoofer. What specs of AVR should I check to ensure that subwoofer is compatible.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Anik

There is no such compatibility required. AVR passes on low frequency to the SW which is then on its own. In your case too, they are perfectly compatible.

More important is your room size and placement.

Hi,

I have denon 1713 AVR. I am planning to buy BIC America pl200 subwoofer. What specs of AVR should I check to ensure that subwoofer is compatible.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Anik

Hi

There is no compatible issue with the sub against specific AVRs...its more of pairing the right set of speakers and matching sub so that you get all or almost all frequencies between 20hz and 20khz.....which speakers are you using for fronts center and surrounds?

The subwoofer will work just fine....if you have any doubt, it is better to audition other brands using the same playback content....

Ensure that the sub is able to deliver at least 10 to 20 hz lower frequencies than your existing speakers....no point having a sub which delivers the same low frequency or only 5hz - 10hz lower...

Pl200 is indeed a good sub which goes as low as 22hz.
Have been using it from past 6 months and has done its job pretty well.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back