Naive

Hi , Iam new to this forum
Wanted advise on a sub for around 15K

Have shorlisted
Yamaha 325
Wharfedale SW 150
Sonodyne Roar 1810
Jamo sub200

Can someone suggest any 2 or any other sub. The room size is around 300 sqft .

Regards

For the price the Wharfedale is the best pick in that lot. Depends on what speakers you already have or plan to get. The Diamond 9 family from Wharfedale will match their subwoofer very well although you should also look at SW-250.

Thanks Particleman ,

I had purchased a 6.1 HTIB comprising of HTR 5740 , NS 4400 fronts ( 3 way - with 6 1/2 In woofer) & rears(2 ways) & YST SW015 sub.

I am not a audiophile so to say but am not satisfied with this Sub that came along with.

Would SW 150 still be a good option

Regards

Naive, as a fellow owner of a Yamaha HTIB setup I feel your pain. The subwoofer is a disappointment. You should be quite happy with the Wharfedale SW-150 subwoofer. It gels very well with Wharfedale's own Diamond family as it is designed to do so. So you should audition it to see if you like the pairing with your own speakers. The build and output quality are well renowned so no problems there.

Thanks Particle man.

Can you or someone throw some light on the tests ( Both Objective & subjective) to be carried out to evaluate a subwoofer.

Are the dealers equipped to carryout the suggested tests?

When someone talks of matching /Pairing, what does it mean?
Is it just the frequency response curves that overlap/Gain curves... or some thing other than that?

Is it a science or an art?

Regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back