Subwoofer Cracking - Celestion CSW

Srinivasan Palani

Hello Friends,

Subwoofer - Celestion CSW - Was started smelling for few days and giving me additional noise (cracking / cable's touching) randomly. Brought the sub to local shop for fix, but they mentioned it is difficult to fix if the problem is not occurring in order. However I am not willing to give up so decided to open to see if this is something can be fixed by self. Managed to open to greater extend and noticed that there is a burnout on Zener diode and the Resistor close by (i am not a technician by understood all these by google)

Wanted to an expert advise, if i get this thing replaced, will it solve the problem or any further root cause to be addressed to avoid this happening again, enclosing the related images, would appreciate your help

Note : My plan is to get this replaced though local technician then myself to avoid any issues. I also searched for the service manual but couldn't mange to locate through google

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM (2).jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM (1).jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-10-22 at 4.39.09 PM.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 10
Hello Friends,

Subwoofer - Celestion CSW - Was started smelling for few days and giving me additional noise (cracking / cable's touching) randomly. Brought the sub to local shop for fix, but they mentioned it is difficult to fix if the problem is not occurring in order. However I am not willing to give up so decided to open to see if this is something can be fixed by self. Managed to open to greater extend and noticed that there is a burnout on Zener diode and the Resistor close by (i am not a technician by understood all these by google)

Wanted to an expert advise, if i get this thing replaced, will it solve the problem or any further root cause to be addressed to avoid this happening again, enclosing the related images, would appreciate your help

Note : My plan is to get this replaced though local technician then myself to avoid any issues. I also searched for the service manual but couldn't mange to locate through google

Here you go....paid I guess..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back