Subwoofer for Dali Opticon 6 series

ratishmohan

Hi Friends, I am planning to add subwoofer to my HT setup. Current Configuration is Marantz 6013, Dali Opticon 6, Vokal, Surround and 2 in ceiling speakers from Polk Audio RC60i. So total of 5.0.2 setup currently.

Please suggest a good subwoofer that would pair best with the system.
My room size is 12x20 feet
budget around 50k Plus/minus some amount.

I took demo of SVS pb 1000 pro quite some time back. not sure if that would suit hoever it is little over budget for me.

Last edited:
Hi Friends, I am planning to add subwoofer to my HT setup. Current Configuration is Marantz 6013, Dali Opticon 6, Vokal, Surround and 2 in ceiling speakers from Polk Audio RC60i. So total of 5.0.2 setup currently.

I took demo of SVS pb 1000 pro quite some time back. not sure if that would suit hoever it is little over budget for me.
Can check out the Rythmik range. They have many options that you can read about, or audition. It might be difficult to audition them with the Dalis, though. Could be easier listening to the SVS range with the Opticons either in Pune or Bombay. Do try and experience any sub with the speakers you own if possible.
Wishing you the best

I have a friend from another audio circle who is selling his PB1000 purchased in June 2020 for the budget you have. He is Hyderabad based. PM for details, you can they take it forward as required.

polk audio dsw pro 660wi is an option in your price bucket.
Being a sealed sub it compliments a musical speaker like the opticon.
I am using the same combo satisfactorily.

If budget permits ,It's better to invest in good quality subs. Check for subs like Rhythmik,PSA .

Thank you friends,
WIll check if I could get demo of Rythmik/PSA range, Chances are less to get demo in Pune and getting that demo with my LCR or full system would be like a super lucky and may be very very difficult.
Getting demo of Polk and SVS is possible and will try them. Not sure how good I would be able to distinguish on woofers but will try them both

I got another question also. Whether to go for SB and PB. Based on my readings and some videos, seems sealed is better option for tighter bass. I don't need super loud output. But a demo may change my opinion. (Both PB and SB demos are available.)

Seems I will have to extend my budget, would do it only if I feel my listening experience tells me worth doing it :)

Also dextrostar or anybody with Same Dali system, I would like to know if is it me who is feeling the sound to be little on warmer side or what settings can help me to make them sound more brighter?

with Same Dali system, I would like to know if is it me who is feeling the sound to be little on warmer side or what settings can help me to make them sound more brighter?
Incase if you are using Audyssey phone app, you can increase the MultEq frequency filter to make the tone brighter. Reducing the value will make the tone warmer. In 50k budget not sure if you could get a Rythmik or Psa 12 inch sub. Pls include Qaccoustics sub too.
For your room size not sure if SB 1000 can fill in the room but better to demo it. PB will pressurise more than SB, but a sealed generally may sound tighter.

Thank you friends,
WIll check if I could get demo of Rythmik/PSA range, Chances are less to get demo in Pune and getting that demo with my LCR or full system would be like a super lucky and may be very very difficult.
Getting demo of Polk and SVS is possible and will try them. Not sure how good I would be able to distinguish on woofers but will try them both

I got another question also. Whether to go for SB and PB. Based on my readings and some videos, seems sealed is better option for tighter bass. I don't need super loud output. But a demo may change my opinion. (Both PB and SB demos are available.)

Seems I will have to extend my budget, would do it only if I feel my listening experience tells me worth doing it :)

Also dextrostar or anybody with Same Dali system, I would like to know if is it me who is feeling the sound to be little on warmer side or what settings can help me to make them sound more brighter?
I have Dali zensor series and find them to be bright. See if you can get a home demo.No point in show room demo for a subwoofer based on my experience. For movies I don’t think the sb1000 will be enough for your room size. You need to get a good and powerful sub. You have a very capable system and if you are ok with average performance then 50k subs will do for you. But if you are expecting clear and good bass you definitely need to increase your budget. If you end up getting a 50k sub and not liking it your entire system will sound bad for you and you won’t enjoy your movie experience. Subwoofer is the most important gear for movies so my advise will be to consider extending your budget and look at nothing less then Rythmik, svs or xtz. The 50k subs are not a good match for your system and room.

I have a friend from another audio circle who is selling his PB1000 purchased in June 2020 for the budget you have. He is Hyderabad based. PM for details, you can they take it forward as required.
hi @efernand1 .. I got in touch with the contact you provided and agreed on a price of 45k for the PB1000. But I wanted to find someone in Hyd who can go and have a look and arrange for transport. But the contact was desperate to get the payment and also offered to drive down to Bangalore himself as soon as the payment was made. Sounded shady to me. Just wanted to post this in the forum as well

hi @efernand1 .. I got in touch with the contact you provided and agreed on a price of 45k for the PB1000. But I wanted to find someone in Hyd who can go and have a look and arrange for transport. But the contact was desperate to get the payment and also offered to drive down to Bangalore himself as soon as the payment was made. Sounded shady to me. Just wanted to post this in the forum as well

Well one cannot judge how anyone will react or behave. it is your call to decide on the same. If I was you and if the seller was ready with a Rs 500 token given to come and deliver the sub to me ,,,after obviously seeing the sub working properly through video call, I would have possibly taken the risk plunge of Rs 500 ...provided he agrees.....thats my take!

Rest it is one's call on risk and choice for the product....I only provided pointers....it could be possible the seller wants to upgrade soon as he must be getting a new sub at a preferential rate which is timebound. Or possibly he is selling for personal issues related to finance...I am not sure...he is just a contact over one of the many groups I am part of.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back