Subwoofer for Pioneer 1124 + Mourdant Short Avant

drguptavivek

Hello Friends,
I have recently managed to complete (sort of) my home theater setup. It includes:
1. Pioneer VSX 1124K 7.2 channel (90W x 7 @ 8 ohms, 165 Watts x 7 @ 6 ohms)
2. Mourdant Short Avant: 908i Floor Standers (150W) with built in 8inch side-firing woofers
3. Mourdant Short Avant: 905i Centre channel (120W)
4. Mourdant Short Avant: 902i Surrounds (100W) but kept over the floor-standers and being used in extended stereo mode

All these are placed in my living room which is 12' x 14 ' and has large windows on two walls. No sound proofing.
Primarily i watch movies and TV (70%) and music is one-third (30%). The type of music varies between me and my better half and covers the whole genre!

I am looking for a sub-woofer to go with this unit. I want to feel the bass cause I am already hearing it from my Aviano's. So the choice needs to be made accordingly. Budget 30k, stretchable by 5ks max. Request Suggestions.

I also have a spare Blaupunkt Sub (TSW1000 or 1200 10/12 incher, cant remember !) in a ported cabinet lying around. It was in my car previously but its not been used for 3 years now. Is it a good idea to pair that with a amplifier and use it ? If so, what amplifier would you suggest.

Thanks,
Vivek

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back