Subwoofer in the check-in bag. HOW ?

You can save yourself a lot of headache, excess baggage charges and customs duty by purchasing a preowned sub from the HFV classifieds section , that is if you are open to it.
+1

Or, you could look for subs that are not excessively priced in India compared to their international prices.

You can save yourself a lot of headache, excess baggage charges and customs duty by purchasing a preowned sub from the HFV classifieds section , that is if you are open to it.
Probably you may get a better sub than the SB 1000 at the same or cheaper price.
I am open to used subwoofers. If I can find a good one within my budget, it's better to buy it in India itself. I couldn't find a subwoofer ad in the forum, but when I have time, I will check daily for some offers. I got a good offer for 1000 Pro in Europe, around 50k for a new one, but in that price range, I don't think I can find a similar kind of sub in India. But I am looking forward to buying in India itself. Let see.

I am open to used subwoofers. If I can find a good one within my budget, it's better to buy it in India itself. I couldn't find a subwoofer ad in the forum, but when I have time, I will check daily for some offers. I got a good offer for 1000 Pro in Europe, around 50k for a new one, but in that price range, I don't think I can find a similar kind of sub in India. But I am looking forward to buying in India itself. Let see.
There was a 15 inch HSU sparingly used sealed subwoofer on sale for 60k in the Hfv classifieds which was very good. I had seen it till few weeks back. I guess the period for the sale ad must be over then.

While most were looking for an SVS, the HSU may have gone unnoticed.

There was a 15 inch HSU sparingly used sealed subwoofer on sale for 60k in the Hfv classifieds which was very good. I had seen it till few weeks back. I guess the period for the sale ad must be over then.

While most were looking for an SVS, the HSU may have gone unnoticed.

That's interesting. I will look for it.

When next in Mumbai, come meet me, then you guys can check that off your bucket list. :)
I brought a sub from the US as checked in baggage many years ago. Intact!
Many years back we could bring anything, from TVs etc, now it's a very different ball game..

Probably you may get a better sub than the SB 1000 at the same or cheaper price.
All this Drama for an SVS? No offence to the SVS fans but come on, it's an alright subwoofer. Better brands with closer to their International pricing are here. REL, JL Audio etc.

Many years back we could bring anything, from TVs etc, now it's a very different ball game..

All this Drama for an SVS? No offence to the SVS fans but come on, it's an alright subwoofer. Better brands with closer to their International pricing are here. REL, JL Audio etc.
No, I am not a fan of SVs or any brand; if they give me good quality in sound and build, I will consider them. Right now, I have a budget of around 50k, with a maximum of 60k. In that price range, I don't think there are any well-known brands selling their 12-inch subs. So I did some research and found that the SVS SB series has a smaller cabin than its competitors. and also that it's selling 50k in Europe now; that's the only reason I considered it. Maybe I will see classifieds here to find some good ones; otherwise, I am holding the plan for now. In the near future, let's see.

What's different now compared to then and what or who is stopping one from bringing in a sub via the checked baggage route?
Also, I was at the airport last week and saw many passengers with TV's on their trolleys - I don't think they were outward bound from India and they certainly didn't bring the TV's in their backpack in the overhead locker hoping that the guys in Customs will be fooled and they will be able to evade customs duty. :p

What's different now compared to then and what or who is stopping one from bringing in a sub via the checked baggage route?
Also, I was at the airport last week and saw many passengers with TV's on their trolleys - I don't think they were outward bound from India and they certainly didn't bring the TV's in their backpack in the overhead locker hoping that the guys in Customs will be fooled and they will be able to evade customs duty. :p
Yes, i have seen these guys get busted :p but now days Customs are on alert depending where the flight is landing from.
Dubai arrivals are scrutinised to the core so it's all luck etc, if you are ready to risk getting a 12" subwoofer in the baggage then it's fine.
I normally get cables, power conditioners or dacs when i travel to Europe. Easy to pack & gets away from attention.

I have read a lot of threads about carrying subwoofers in a check-in bag. I am wondering how you guys are doing it🤣🤣. I am planning to get an SVS subwoofer from Europe. but the size of the subwoofer and normal baggage sizes do not fit it inside. I really want a ported one, but a non-ported one is also not going to fit, I guess. If anybody has done this, give me some tips or tricks 😉. and is it safe during transfers?
I brought a Emotiva 10 inch sub in original box from USA to Delhi few years back as checked baggage flying Lufthansa. I had bought it a day before leaving States and I kept a copy of the invoice in the box itself with original with me. The total measurements of the original box i.e. L+B+H was within Lufthansa limits. The sub was opened in US by customs as their note of inspection was left inside. i wheeled the sub in the trolley alongwith other luggage through green channel although customs agents were there. I was not stopped.

On the top of it, if it’s imported he still won’t be getting the warranty. If rhe amp on the sub fails, buying a replacement and getting it shipped to India probably would be cheaper than sending it for repair across.

Thank you everyone for the valuable suggestions and tips, but there is a plan change. I dropped my plan to buy a subwoofer. Recently, my amplifier was damaged, and some other issues were showing. I hope it was due to the power fluctuation at my place. So right now my budget is to protect my already-owned gear, buy an online UPS, and then buy new gear. but once I have a budget, I will consider subwoofers later. Thank you, guys, for your valuable time.

I have read a lot of threads about carrying subwoofers in a check-in bag. I am wondering how you guys are doing it🤣🤣. I am planning to get an SVS subwoofer from Europe. but the size of the subwoofer and normal baggage sizes do not fit it inside. I really want a ported one, but a non-ported one is also not going to fit, I guess. If anybody has done this, give me some tips or tricks 😉. and is it safe during transfers?
recently my friend brought rsl speedwoofer 12s from USA with the box packing.

Surely he must have been asked to pay Customs duty. Can you share more details on that?
Yes, if you can share the details, it would be helpful. Speedwoofer12s weighs 50kg with the original package. How did he carry it? He paid duty fees. When I was looking on the internet, I saw that only 32 kg per cartoon is allowed. but they are saying the carton size of 62 inches is allowed. I'm not sure about how this works.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back