Subwoofer Under 30K-35K

I have been to almost all websites, forums, posts, videos, articles etc etc on tactile transducers and bass shakers.

Have not used one myself but found a gr8 DIY work around for it as suggested earlier. But looking at the reviews and feedback of the users I think you should not worry while going for a shaker.

Currently we use only sight and sound for AV experience but with a shaker we use another sense that is the sense of touch. One listens to sound through ones body like bone conducting headfones. Google is going to use this technology in there Glass.

We get direct vibrations from the amp. Anything we feel by touching is by way of vibrations between our fingers and the other surface. (U might not find anything writen abt this on net)

Here are some cool links after going through which you might wana go for a shaker: (my years of research posted below)

The Tactile Transducer FAQ

HiFi Company: The HiFi Chair

Main Page - MusicForBodies

Woofer Chair by Ministry of Design for Saporiti Italia

I have a lot and lot more on shakers but i gues these would be enough.

Some companies manufacturing bass shakers . tactile transducers are mentioned in the first link check out there websites.

Sadly no one manufactures them in India so I dream to do that soon.

thanks for the effort.i will defintly use the bass shackers...in future(when home minister approves the budget:lol:)....
they are avilable in e bay india..or can be imported..
anyway i did not know anything about that..
i was watching men in black 3 in a therater...i felt the bass in my body in the last space shuttle scene..i just loved the moment...
thanks for your links...i will read in detail...

Room size is 12 X 18 but in future it may increase, and if we use 10" subwoofer at 12o'clock position, then we can use this Jamo 660 at 10'o clock for now.

Yes, Jamo Sub 650/660 have a better output level and 12 inch drive, but you must want a large room

thanks for the effort.i will defintly use the bass shackers...in future(when home minister approves the budget:lol:)....
they are avilable in e bay india..or can be imported..
anyway i did not know anything about that..
i was watching men in black 3 in a therater...i felt the bass in my body in the last space shuttle scene..i just loved the moment...
thanks for your links...i will read in detail...

I think the bass you felt was indirectly from the woofers at the cinema but the feeling a bass shaker or when you sit directly on a sub is totally different.

Bass shakers start from 3-4k I gues maybe you can try them for now and later on get a butkicker for around 35k

Dayton offers the starting range. Clark synthesis and butkicker are expensive once.

Ill get one for myself soon for experimenting.

I think the bass you felt was indirectly from the woofers at the cinema but the feeling a bass shaker or when you sit directly on a sub is totally different.

Bass shakers start from 3-4k I gues maybe you can try them for now and later on get a butkicker for around 35k

Dayton offers the starting range. Clark synthesis and butkicker are expensive once.

Ill get one for myself soon for experimenting.

I am curious too in shaker considering dayton pricing:licklips: ...one small question do we need separate amp to power dayton transducer?

or can we connect them directly to subwoofer output ...

As of now i haven't purchase a subwoofer so thinking to get these for experimentation instead of subwoofer ? i am getting 5.0 system and do not have budget for subwoofer right now but 5 k can manage :yahoo:
Please do guide me...

Yes, you will need individual amplifier (cheaper can work) as already discussed in above posts. But I think you will need a subwoofer too (not saying now, but later). Without subwoofer's bass feel I am not sure only shaker is good.

I am curious too in shaker considering dayton pricing:licklips: ...one small question do we need separate amp to power dayton transducer?

As of now i haven't purchase a subwoofer so thinking to get these for experimentation instead of subwoofer ? i am getting 5.0 system and do not have budget for subwoofer right now but 5 k can manage :yahoo:
Please do guide me...

Please do guide me...

You will need a separate amplifier for the shakers. I gues the dayton ones are tactile transducers and not shakers so they will be good for both movies and music.

My Rs. 1200 amp will be easily able to power it.

You will have to buy a subwoofer too and another amp for subwoofer if its a passive one. It also depends on your front center and surround speakers if they have enough bass you will not require a woofer.

The best way is to use a subwoofer as a tactile transducer/shaker by integrating it into furniture. No need for separate amp, no need of a shaker, you save space, you save money, and there is no need to find the best place to keep the sub. Your seat will always be the sweet spot.

You will need a separate amplifier for the shakers. I gues the dayton ones are tactile transducers and not shakers so they will be good for both movies and music.

My Rs. 1200 amp will be easily able to power it.

You will have to buy a subwoofer too and another amp for subwoofer if its a passive one. It also depends on your front center and surround speakers if they have enough bass you will not require a woofer.

The best way is to use a subwoofer as a tactile transducer/shaker by integrating it into furniture. No need for separate amp, no need of a shaker, you save space, you save money, and there is no need to find the best place to keep the sub. Your seat will always be the sweet spot.

thanks for your guidance....

actually my 5.0 system have very good bass ...krypton audio ...Mr Hari Iyer system...

but i was thinking since some info is especially passed to woofer in 5.1 system so to utilised / process that signal thru shaker for enhanced experience...if it work well & good if doesn't then in future will think of subwoofer... but since i am a novice so was not sure if my thinking is in right direction...

thanks for your guidance....

actually my 5.0 system have very good bass ...krypton audio ...Mr Hari Iyer system...

but i was thinking since some info is especially passed to woofer in 5.1 system so to utilised / process that signal thru shaker for enhanced experience...if it work well & good if doesn't then in future will think of subwoofer... but since i am a novice so was not sure if my thinking is in right direction...

If the bass is good you can easily go for a shaker. Set the speakers to large so that bass is passed to them as well and the .1 sound can be felt from the shaker. Get an affordable amp with that. You will enjoy movies better than you would in a cinema. One feels connected

Not sure if you have come across Sonodyne Studio Monitor SLF Series.....An outstanding subwoofer for the price...

My brother owns Sonodyne Studio monitor SLF 210A (with remote)..We bought this for 25K 2 - 3 years back....cracking performance for the price...

This has been replaced with SLF 210 V2...Try to audition this if you can locate a Sonodyne listening room/dealer in your city...I guezz retails around 33K...

Unfortunately there is no Sonodyne dealer in my city Chandigarh. I am not sure why there are not much Klipsch Subwoofer users. Mostly use Velodyne/Polk/SVS etc.

Not sure if you have come across Sonodyne Studio Monitor SLF Series.....An outstanding subwoofer for the price...

My brother owns Sonodyne Studio monitor SLF 210A (with remote)..We bought this for 25K 2 - 3 years back....cracking performance for the price...

This has been replaced with SLF 210 V2...Try to audition this if you can locate a Sonodyne listening room/dealer in your city...I guezz retails around 33K...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back