Subwoofer Under 30K-35K

prepress

Hello,

I am using Yamaha SW-315 (10" 250 Watts) which I have purchased 6 months back, now I want to upgrade the subwoofer. Please suggest any other good Subwoofer, my requirement is:

Budget : 30-35K
Driver Preferred: 12"
Crossover Control: Preferred if in front side

Note: Also want to sale my current subwoofer (almost new 9.5/10), which is six months old and have each and everything supplied from Yamaha. I guess subwoofer comes with one year warranty so six months warranty left. I will put it in sale section if anybody interested.

Last edited:
30k-35k...velodyne..
dont know svs prices...can try..
but dont know ur room size...wont that be overkill.
i mean waht exactky is lacking now....

if you want the direct thump in space shuttle launch scenes...imho..keep this sub..add bass shackers+amp(any 8k wala)+low pass filter.
you have to fix the shackers in seating arrangmenets

Room size is 12 X 18
Using this SB with Yamaha A-S500 which has subwoofer output (already low-pass)

Which sub is better, Down Firing or Front Firing? Before this Yamaha (down firing) I was using side firing sealed subwoofer (Dual driver, one each side 100 Watt) and found Yamaha is much better.

30k-35k...Velodyne..
don't know svs prices...can try..
but don't know ur room size...wont that be overkill.
i mean what exactly is lacking now....

if you want the direct thump in space shuttle launch scenes...imho..keep this sub..add bass shackers+amp(any 8k wala)+low pass filter.

what i mean by low pass is ultra low pass...under 25hz...if you will use shackers u need them...
this low pass will be installed in sw out from avr...
25hz to 80 hz will be managed by main sub...(considering xover 80 in avr setting)..
under 25hz will be passed to shackers..over 25hz wil be blocked to enter into shacker amp...

Last edited:
Are you talking about something like this?
AuraShakerDiag.jpg

what i mean by low pass is ultra low pass...under 25hz...if you will use shackers u need them...
this low pass will be installed in sw out from avr...
25hz to 80 hz will be managed by main sub...(considering xover 80 in avr setting)..
under 25hz will be passed to shackers..over 25hz wil be blocked to enter into shacker amp...

righto....
yes
but a low pass filter will be added in series before the shacker amp..

actually my question was what exatly lacking you feel in the present sub...
reason for upgrade...
more power...or lower bass management...or more punch/tightness...

Reason for upgrade is more power. Yamaha has good lower bass but need more.

righto....
yes
but a low pass filter will be added in series before the shacker amp..

actually my question was what exatly lacking you feel in the present sub...
reason for upgrade...
more power...or lower bass management...or more punch/tightness...

30k-35k...velodyne..
dont know svs prices...can try..
but dont know ur room size...wont that be overkill.
i mean waht exactky is lacking now....

Instead of shakers DIY 2 subs in your seat. You will get more direct thump than shakers. No need of additional amp or shakers.

I know its a funny suggestion but solves the problem of money, space and shakers which we don't get easily in India.

I don't need shakers. But need earthquaking bass (not thump, but soft deep bass) Sorry don't have words to define :). I am getting it with Yamaha but also worried about kaput. That's why looking for 12" subwoofer now.
Want to know reviews about Klipsch and Velodyne.

Instead of shakers DIY 2 subs in your seat. You will get more direct thump than shakers. No need of additional amp or shakers.

I know its a funny suggestion but solves the problem of money, space and shakers which we don't get easily in India.

I don't need shakers. But need earthquaking bass (not thump, but soft deep bass) Sorry don't have words to define :). I am getting it with Yamaha but also worried about kaput. That's why looking for 12" subwoofer now.
Want to know reviews about Klipsch and Velodyne.

Friend I would suggest stick to your Yamaha sub and enjoy it to the fullest till it goes kaput (which it wont) and get the new one after that.

I might be wrong but thing is you yourself dont know what you want.

Maybe its an upgrade bug that has bitten you. N if you just want to upgrade without any reason I would strongly recommend get a shaker. You will experience bass like very never before, believe me its a whole new dimension. "don't have words to define :)"

Last edited:
Yes, I think it's an upgrade bug. But I want to stick with sub not shakers. I have two choices in my mind "Klipsch" and "Velodyne". But I am not sure if they both are almost similar with Yamaha.

Friend I would suggest stick to your Yamaha sub and enjoy it to the fullest till it goes kaput (which it wont) and get the new one after that.

I might be wrong but thing is you yourself dont know what you want.

Maybe its an upgrade bug that has bitten you. N if you just want to upgrade without any reason I would strongly recommend get a shaker. You will experience bass like very never before, believe me its a whole new dimension. "don't have words to define :)"

I think I know what you want. Is it the thunderous theater sound that comes when a movie just begins in a cinema and the logo of a company (like Dreamworks, Disney, THX etc.) is featured?

For the woofers, trying auditioning them along with your Yamaha and upgrade only if there is noticeable difference.

Or you can add one of these subs along with your Yamaha sub to your setup. If your not retiring the old one.

Yes, I think it's an upgrade bug. But I want to stick with sub not shakers. I have two choices in my mind "Klipsch" and "Velodyne". But I am not sure if they both are almost similar with Yamaha.

Well Klipsch and Velodyne impact 12 are both decent

However if you really want articulate bass for music ... You would need to go up the ladder .
REL, HSU , SVS , TC Sounds, Rythmik Audio, Seaton, and even Volodyne but the higher up models .

My plan was to retiring Yamaha but I am not sure if I switch to Velodyne or Klipsch and not found any noticeable difference or may be inferior then what, as I have limited budget too. And there is a risk too if I make decision on showroom audition.

I think I know what you want. Is it the thunderous theater sound that comes when a movie just begins in a cinema and the logo of a company (like Dreamworks, Disney, THX etc.) is featured?

For the woofers, trying auditioning them along with your Yamaha and upgrade only if there is noticeable difference.

Or you can add one of these subs along with your Yamaha sub to your setup. If your not retiring the old one.

Well Klipsch and Velodyne impact 12 are both decent

However if you really want articulate bass for music ... You would need to go up the ladder .
REL, HSU , SVS , TC Sounds, Rythmik Audio, Seaton, and even Volodyne but the higher up models .

And I guess these all are out of my budget, Yes?

My plan was to retiring Yamaha but I am not sure if I switch to Velodyne or Klipsch and not found any noticeable difference or may be inferior then what, as I have limited budget too. And there is a risk too if I make decision on showroom audition.

Take your Yamaha to the showroom and you will be able to compare better.

Do not retire the Yamaha and use it along with the new sub. That way there will be noticeable difference. There are benefits of using two subs instead of one. And there are benefits of using 4 subs instead of two which you may do when the bug bites you next time.

And can you tell why you wanna stick to subs and not get a shaker instead? Coz I feel what you are looking for is not something more but something different.

Take your Yamaha to the showroom and you will be able to compare better.
Yes, that would be better.

Do not retire the Yamaha and use it along with the new sub. That way there will be noticeable difference. There are benefits of using two subs instead of one. And there are benefits of using 4 subs instead of two which you may do when the bug bites you next time.
Even I want to keep 2 Subs but there is not good placement left in the room. Another thing is budget if I keep Yamaha, but I can consider on it.

And can you tell why you wanna stick to subs and not get a shaker instead? Coz I feel what you are looking for is not something more but something different.
Hmmm, I guess you understand what I mean :clapping:
I don't want shaker because I am not aware about its results, number of shaker user is less (even on this forum), not sure it will help me etc.

Yes, that would be better.

Even I want to keep 2 Subs but there is not good placement left in the room. Another thing is budget if I keep Yamaha, but I can consider on it.

Hmmm, I guess you understand what I mean :clapping:
I don't want shaker because I am not aware about its results, number of shaker user is less (even on this forum), not sure it will help me etc.

I have been to almost all websites, forums, posts, videos, articles etc etc on tactile transducers and bass shakers.

Have not used one myself but found a gr8 DIY work around for it as suggested earlier. But looking at the reviews and feedback of the users I think you should not worry while going for a shaker.

Currently we use only sight and sound for AV experience but with a shaker we use another sense that is the sense of touch. One listens to sound through ones body like bone conducting headfones. Google is going to use this technology in there Glass.

We get direct vibrations from the amp. Anything we feel by touching is by way of vibrations between our fingers and the other surface. (U might not find anything writen abt this on net)

Here are some cool links after going through which you might wana go for a shaker: (my years of research posted below)

The Tactile Transducer FAQ

HiFi Company: The HiFi Chair

Main Page - MusicForBodies

Woofer Chair by Ministry of Design for Saporiti Italia

I have a lot and lot more on shakers but i gues these would be enough.

Some companies manufacturing bass shakers . tactile transducers are mentioned in the first link check out there websites.

Sadly no one manufactures them in India so I dream to do that soon.

Last edited:
Thanks, Will get back to you very soon. :D

I have been to almost all websites, forums, posts, videos, articles etc etc on tactile transducers and bass shakers.

Have not used one myself but found a gr8 DIY work around for it as suggested earlier. But looking at the reviews and feedback of the users I think you should not worry while going for a shaker.

Currently we use only sight and sound for AV experience but with a shaker we use another sense that is the sense of touch. One listens to sound through ones body like bone conducting headfones. Google is going to use this technology in there Glass.

We get direct vibrations from the amp. Anything we feel by touching is by way of vibrations between our fingers and the other surface. (U might not find anything writen abt this on net)

Here are some cool links after going through which you might wana go for a shaker: (my years of research posted below)

The Tactile Transducer FAQ

HiFi Company: The HiFi Chair

Main Page - MusicForBodies

Woofer Chair by Ministry of Design for Saporiti Italia

I have a lot and lot more on shakers but i gues these would be enough.

Some companies manufacturing bass shakers . tactile transducers are mentioned in the first link check out there websites.

Sadly no one manufactures them in India so I dream to do that soon.
http://www.contemporist.com/2011/06/22/woofer-chair-by-ministry-of-design-for-saporiti-italia/

Hello,

I am using Yamaha SW-315 (10" 250 Watts) which I have purchased 6 months back, now I want to upgrade the subwoofer. Please suggest any other good Subwoofer, my requirement is:

Budget : 30-35K
Driver Preferred: 12"
Crossover Control: Preferred if in front side

Note: Also want to sale my current subwoofer (almost new 9.5/10), which is six months old and have each and everything supplied from Yamaha. I guess subwoofer comes with one year warranty so six months warranty left. I will put it in sale section if anybody interested.

Jamo Sub 300 or Sub 360 best subwoofer for this budget and best ever

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back