Subwoofers

Aldrin

Subwoofers should be ported or its like depending up on our tase of listening?
Kindly add your valuable comments regarding this

From my personal experience I will not advise to use Sub-Woofer while listening to Music (Stereo setup), Sub Woofers should be dedicated only for watching movies. Ported Subwoofers are better as it can be tuned for very low frequencies.

Thank you sadik for ur valuable comments.
I am using stereo without sub woofers, coming to cinemas i have a different setup with a jvc 12 inch subwoofer which was not ported..
So i am thinking weather to make a port on my existing subwoofer box or to make a new ported subwoofer box.
Whats your idea?plz let me kNow.

Subwoofers should be ported or its like depending up on our tase of listening?
Kindly add your valuable comments regarding this

I had dual ported subs for sometime & recently completed dual DIY sealed subs and would go with sealed, works for both movies & music..

With sealed the SPL will be low to that of ported ones.. So if you can go for two subs, more beneficial with SPL and smoother response too..

Thank you Elangoas,
Do you have any DIY specification for 12 inch subwoofer box... i mean length , breadth of the box...

Thank you Elangoas,
Do you have any DIY specification for 12 inch subwoofer box... i mean length , breadth of the box...

Here is the driver i used - http://www.iwaispeakers.com/Subwoofer/12inc_4e_200W/

I had used the dimensions, as it was already used one of the members (ravindra) earlier.. 15(L) x 15 (W) x 17 (D) inches

Incase you wish you check the build of my box, here is the thread - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-sealed-subwoofers-external-powered.68977/page-5#post-787711

However, depending of the spec of driver you choose, your dimensions might vary..

From my personal experience I will not advise to use Sub-Woofer while listening to Music (Stereo setup), Sub Woofers should be dedicated only for watching movies. Ported Subwoofers are better as it can be tuned for very low frequencies.
It all depends on how well your sub integrates with rest of the system. A sub can be made to stand out or integrated with rest of the system which depends on multiple factor like TA, gain, xover point, phase etc.

This is my subwoofer plate amp. Can any one say about the filter cut off and equilizer settings....
What value i should keep iScreenshot_2018-10-01-19-37-19-043_com.miui.gallery.pngn filter cut off and equilizer for good performance?
Kindly update.
Thank youScreenshot_2018-10-01-19-37-19-043_com.miui.gallery.png

This is my subwoofer plate amp. Can any one say about the filter cut off and equilizer settings....
What value i should keep in filter cut off and equilizer for good performance?
Kindly update.
Thank you

Sorry am not aware of the EQ settings on the subwoofer plate amp.. But if you would be using this with AVR, then you can use the crossover on the AVR..

Sorry am not aware of the EQ settings on the subwoofer plate amp.. But if you would be using this with AVR, then you can use the crossover on the AVR..
Yeah... i am using it with marantz sr5300... plz tell me how to do that cross over in avr...

Yeah... i am using it with marantz sr5300... plz tell me how to do that cross over in avr...

In the AVR speaker settings, set all speakers to "small" and use a crossover of 80hz.. If it is an old AVR, there might be global crossover only than individual crossover setting for each channel..

In the AVR speaker settings, set all speakers to "small" and use a crossover of 80hz.. If it is an old AVR, there might be global crossover only than individual crossover setting for each channel..
Worked well when i keep speaker setting to small and subwoofer crossover to 150hz. Thank you so much:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back