Suddenly HDMI not working with RT3 LG TV says sound is OK

Chulbulee

Been using LG Tv with RT3 for past 2 months. Put RT3 ON, then when it went to standby, bring back on alert using remote, then switched on TV and then RT3 with HDMI was detected and was playing good (when I installed RT3, technicians could not establish HDMI and I found this way out, as RT3 wants it to be kept on standby ALWAYS).

Yesterday, suddenly no sound out on HDMI ports (1 and 2). Used Bluetooth, but all the crispiness vanished, and the MAX sound on RT3 was even less what I had at 26 while using HDMI. (I have neither disturbed the TV nor RT3, so don't think the cable was disturbed.)

Any ideas?

Do a full reset on the RT3 and check. HDMI does not like constant power cycling (turning off the main/wall switch). This tends to upset the handshake between HDMI connected devices, especially one that moves audio via ARC

HDMI does not like constant power cycling (turning off the main/wall switch). This tends to upset the handshake between HDMI connected devices, especially one that moves audio via ARC
Could you explain a bit more? I watch the TV just for 2-3 hours. Still, you mean, I should keep both switched on throughout the day?

Could you explain a bit more? I watch the TV just for 2-3 hours. Still, you mean, I should keep both switched on throughout the day?
Any device that uses or is connected using HDMI does not like constant power cycling. Every time you turn On and Off power (at the wall), the system has to synchronize with each under. This is more an issue if you are using HDMI as a bi directional connection or ARC/eARC. This won't be an issue if you are using optical, coaxial or analog.

Once again, this isn't a common problem across all devices. Most of the time, they work well. At times they don't and that is what you are experiencing. I had issues like this when I had a Samsung TV and Pioneer AVR. My current set up which is a Sony TV and Denon AVR has no issues. I am not taking sides with brands here. Some devices just don't like constant power cycling.

You don't need to leave the system on Stand By the entire day or night. When you are turning on the Main switch, give it a minute or two for the two device to hand shake on their HDMI connections.

You get a sound output via HDMI from your TV on only the one labeled ARC. None of the other HDMI terminals will send a sound back to your RT-3. There is no use flipping the cable between HDMI ports 1&2. I assume this is on the LG TV cause the RT-3 has just one HDMI terminal.

Read the procedure for Resetting your RT-3. That should resolve some of sound issues.

I did RESET my RT3, however nothing changed. Don't know what's wrong.

When you are turning on the Main switch, give it a minute or two for the two device to hand shake on their HDMI connections.
Earlier, when RT3 was installed, both TV and RT3 were put to ON at the same time and TV could not locate the HDMI and switched to internal speakers. Hence, we switch the STB and RT3 ON first, when the display on RT3 goes away, I push the power button on remote, then display on RT3 says "TV" and then switch TV on, and this happily worked for the last 3 months.
You get a sound output via HDMI from your TV on only the one labeled ARC. None of the other HDMI terminals will send a sound back to your RT-3. There is no use flipping the cable between HDMI ports 1&2. I assume this is on the LG TV cause the RT-3 has just one HDMI terminal.
It was a typo. I meant, on TV it displays HDMI1, 2 & 3. The cable is in right place HDMI ARC.

Based on earlier experience (with other equipment), they would test their TV with HDMI and say its your TV at fault. Unfortunately, there is no other way to test the cable, if it is at fault, other than to purchase a new one. I have three pieces, STB, TV & RT3, all connected using HDMI cables.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back