Sugestion for Home theatre Projector

srinivask

Hello Friends

I regularly visit this forum, it has lot of information that helps people like me in knowing about different solutions, I had recently purchased Yamaha YHT 299 home theater, for regular TV watching I have Panasonic 32" LCD TV, I want to install a projector which supports 3D for watching movies, My hall has bit light coming in day time, as it is open kitchen and dining area, I am looking for a solution
1. Good projector which support 3D and Full HD, not looking for very expensive ones
2. Wall mountable screen , preferable retractable
3. Any one in bangalore to contact for providing a good solution

My total budget I am looking for less than 75K

Thank you all for your replies, I will update once I purchase the product, and we if we source from US , does these have international warranty

Hello Friends

I regularly visit this forum, it has lot of information that helps people like me in knowing about different solutions, I had recently purchased Yamaha YHT 299 home theater, for regular TV watching I have Panasonic 32" LCD TV, I want to install a projector which supports 3D for watching movies, My hall has bit light coming in day time, as it is open kitchen and dining area, I am looking for a solution
1. Good projector which support 3D and Full HD, not looking for very expensive ones
2. Wall mountable screen , preferable retractable
3. Any one in bangalore to contact for providing a good solution

My total budget I am looking for less than 75K

With you budget, I strongly recommend Optoma HD141X
you can get other accessories like screen & UPS and other stuff within that budget.

Cheers

do we have any one in Bangalore, who can visit my house and provide suggestion, and offer as package with screen and projector

do we have any one in Bangalore, who can visit my house and provide suggestion, and offer as package with screen and projector

I am not from Bangalore .... but just a suggestion :)
try contacting JustDial by asking them Projector and speakers Dealers in ur area. You will get good number of contacts :)

ProFx I believe can offer these services. Also check with htstore.in if they have consultation solutions. They will charge obviously for the service.

If u go for any guys for the complete package? they will quote very highly. If it is for living room , we can ourselves decide the things required. For living room, it is better to have pull down screen in front of tv. It ranges for 5500 to 15000 based on the screen quality and brand name.Projectors there is separate thread Acerh5370bd and acerh5380bd. The cost will come around 37k when imported thro amazonus .if you are in to full hd acer6510 is there optoma and epson 2030,6100 are there. Better read the reviews here, the professional guys knew nothing better than us .For installation we can take their guidance,but for deciding electronics we need to look rather than they suggesting.

If u go for any guys for the complete package? they will quote very highly. If it is for living room , we can ourselves decide the things required. For living room, it is better to have pull down screen in front of tv. It ranges for 5500 to 15000 based on the screen quality and brand name.Projectors there is separate thread Acerh5370bd and acerh5380bd. The cost will come around 37k when imported thro amazonus .if you are in to full hd acer6510 is there optoma and epson 2030,6100 are there. Better read the reviews here, the professional guys knew nothing better than us .For installation we can take their guidance,but for deciding electronics we need to look rather than they suggesting.

Completely Agree. Installing a projector for home use is no rocket science. Look up reviews of various projectors and choose one, that will come one in your budget, that will come with proper warranty( some companies like Epson give free demos too, but their technicians hardly have any technical knowledge,that is a pity) and you can't go wrong. What you choose is sure to give you immense joy. Acer, Optima, Epson, Ben q are projectors that have good reviews. you can go for a screen later.Soon you will turn your living room into a little mini theater. Your source for the projector can be your DTH box, Blue ray DVD player, or your laptop/computer, Then soon Sound quality will come to mind, Projectors 2, 5 or 10 Watt speakers are really useless, So in comes the Surround Sub woofer and 5.1 systems to give more effect to you theater.

While installing screen, please take care that the ceiling fan (if any) does not chop the light beams sent by the projector. If they do, then have about 2 Ft of black colour band on top of the screen before the white portion starts. These are not readily available but the dealer will make it for you at some extra cost. Also the bottom edge of the screen should be at about 2 ft from the floor - this way you will not have to look "UP" all the time while watching the movie otherwise you will have pain in the neck. Fixing of the projector on the ceiling is not a major job. Height adjustable brackets are readily available in the market (about Rs. 1000-1500/-)and most of them are universal for any of the projector makes. Just appoint a good carpenter / electrician to fix it for you. Professional installers (one man show) will take about 3K-4K for installation and picture setting etc + cost of bracket etc. If you are breaking the false ceiling for projector cabling, you may as well put 2 HDMI cables and 2 CAT 6 cables so that if one cable gets damaged you have one spare + it makes somewhat future proof. If all your home theater devices are connected to a surge suppressor / voltage stabilizer, then connect the projector also to it.

Totally agree about the taking suggestions from those so called professionals at these stores or dealers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back