sugestion for wall paint or screen

rajeshprami

hi i am from chennai and building new house in second floor i am going to have dedicated place for projector so i am planning to buy ultra short throw projector and dedicated wall painted for projector instead screen. so i need some suggestion whether i should buy ultra short throw or normal full hd projectors, and should i paint wall or buy a screen

whether i should buy ultra short throw or normal full hd projectors

What is your budget, room dimensions and any models that you have been considering?..

and should i paint wall or buy a screen

Buying a screen is going to be expensive than painting the wall.. Few members, (incl myself) have tried grey paint (water based) from royale atmos and it has been a good experience..

planning to buy xiaomi mi laser projector from singapore or china, i already own a manual pull down white screen but while building new room on second floor specially for watching movies and matches i want to know i can install same screen or paint a wall beacuse i am going to have dedicated place for it. my room is 17.5 inch * 12.5 inch, my present screen is 100 inch 16:9 ratio please suggest me advantages for painting wall or screen.
and also for my old k330 acer any service person in chennai please refer me

planning to buy xiaomi mi laser projector from singapore or china, i already own a manual pull down white screen but while building new room on second floor specially for watching movies and matches i want to know i can install same screen or paint a wall beacuse i am going to have dedicated place for it. my room is 17.5 inch * 12.5 inch, my present screen is 100 inch 16:9 ratio please suggest me advantages for painting wall or screen.

If you already own a 100 inch 16:9 screen, then you can re-use that for the projector you are considering..

But given your room dimensions of 17 x 12 feet, the short throw projector you are considering and if you a regular wall(without windows) on eithe side of 12 feet wall, you can easily get a 150 inch diagonal screen.. Approx 125% bigger than your present 100 inch diagonal screen..

Painting the wall for a 150 inch diagonal screen, might cost you approx 5K (or) more..

and also for my old k330 acer any service person in chennai please refer me

There was a recent thread in the forum on a faulty Acer LED projector.. Couldn't locate it.. Will share the link in sometime..

thank u for ur suggestion, yes i have regular wall without windows, its better to have wall painted or not, because its going to be a dedicated place no need for keeping tv as i am going to keep my 55 inch led samsung tv in my bedroom. the whole place is only for projector viewing only

i am also trying to buy a 110inch motorised screen preferably in ceiling .Any suggestions. How good is wall paint an option

thank u for ur suggestion, yes i have regular wall without windows, its better to have wall painted or not, because its going to be a dedicated place no need for keeping tv as i am going to keep my 55 inch led samsung tv in my bedroom. the whole place is only for projector viewing only

Then all the reasons, you need to go for bigger screen.. Wall paint..:)

How good is wall paint an option

Here is a detailed thread for your consideration - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/dark-gray-screen.66836/

better to buy ultra short throw or normal optoma full hd projector

You have a pretty long room.. 17 feet (throw) is more than enough for a 150 inch diagonal.. You wont go wrong, if you choose either..

hi i am from chennai and building new house in second floor i am going to have dedicated place for projector so i am planning to buy ultra short throw projector and dedicated wall painted for projector instead screen. so i need some suggestion whether i should buy ultra short throw or normal full hd projectors, and should i paint wall or buy a screen
I have painted my screen using screen paint from amazon (Silk Touch), and personally, I felt my picture looking much better than the one from an Elite screen (at HT demo places). FYI - I am using Epson TW8300, and image size is around 150 diagonal (16:9).

Back