• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Suggest a 220-110V step down converter

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

ritesh321

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a receiver from US and would need a step down converter from 220-110V. The receiver is rated at 200Watts.

Could members who have purchased and used step down converters please suggest any brands or technical specs to look at in a converter.

And please let me know if there are any problems of heating or damaging the avr if the converter is used for long durations - say 4-5 hours in a stretch.

It would be great if you could let me know the expected price of a decent converter.

Any other relevant info would be great :)

svenkateshsmart

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a receiver from US and would need a step down converter from 220-110V. The receiver is rated at 200Watts.

Could members who have purchased and used step down converters please suggest any brands or technical specs to look at in a converter.

And please let me know if there are any problems of heating or damaging the avr if the converter is used for long durations - say 4-5 hours in a stretch.

It would be great if you could let me know the expected price of a decent converter.

Any other relevant info would be great :)

Hi,

I am using the one from the brand, Maxine, bought from Shah Eletricals, Chennai, 2000W with 3 output sockets 100v, 110, 120v and paid 2.8K with 1 year warranty, which is feeding my denon receiver and my BDPs.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Dushie

Do we have any maxine resellers in Bangalore, i am also thinking of picking up an amp from US so will need a step down transformer for the same.

If someone can provide the contact details for Bangalore and an idea bout pricing it will be great

Upvote 0

santhosh

Dushie, not sure about Maxine. I got mine made from Aries at S.P.Road, Bangalore. These are much better than my previous convertor which I had bought ignorantly a few years ago. Call them at 9343753450. For 2k, I got a 500VA isolation transformer based convertor for my AVR which has a max consumption of 225 Watts at 110Volts. Isolation transformer based ones are said to be better for A/V applications especially amplifiers/AVRs.

Upvote 0

Dushie

thanks, will get in touch with them after calculating the total power that will be required for a denon 1909.

There is still some time for my amp to arrive. so i will call them in advance and get the details.

Upvote 0

svenkateshsmart

thanks, will get in touch with them after calculating the total power that will be required for a denon 1909.

There is still some time for my amp to arrive. so i will call them in advance and get the details.

HI,

Pls go for more than 1500W, as Denon 1909 consumes 660W at peak.

Cheers,

Upvote 0

VMJ

Hi Dushie, which transformer did you buy finally. What was the price and the wattage specifications?

Upvote 0

ironwolf

Call them at 9343753450. For 2k, I got a 500VA isolation transformer based convertor for my AVR which has a max consumption of 225 Watts at 110Volts. Isolation transformer based ones are said to be better for A/V applications especially amplifiers/AVRs.

Thanks for the info. Met with the friendly folks at the tiny Aries shop bustling with business

Am confused with a bulky more reliable Aries 1kva isolation step down

Vs

A tried and tested slim sleek Auto 1kva Maxine

Someone please tell me what went wrong with you sleek Maxine?
All I hear is it works great

Thanks
Pradeep

Upvote 0

rajud

Can anyone suggest an isolated transformer for 120V 60Hz 250 watts 320 Va input for yamaha htr 3063 receiver and amplifier in Mumbai
Thanks

Upvote 0