Suggest a 220-110V step down converter

ritesh321

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a receiver from US and would need a step down converter from 220-110V. The receiver is rated at 200Watts.

Could members who have purchased and used step down converters please suggest any brands or technical specs to look at in a converter.

And please let me know if there are any problems of heating or damaging the avr if the converter is used for long durations - say 4-5 hours in a stretch.

It would be great if you could let me know the expected price of a decent converter.

Any other relevant info would be great :)

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a receiver from US and would need a step down converter from 220-110V. The receiver is rated at 200Watts.

Could members who have purchased and used step down converters please suggest any brands or technical specs to look at in a converter.

And please let me know if there are any problems of heating or damaging the avr if the converter is used for long durations - say 4-5 hours in a stretch.

It would be great if you could let me know the expected price of a decent converter.

Any other relevant info would be great :)

Hi,

I am using the one from the brand, Maxine, bought from Shah Eletricals, Chennai, 2000W with 3 output sockets 100v, 110, 120v and paid 2.8K with 1 year warranty, which is feeding my denon receiver and my BDPs.

Cheers!

Do we have any maxine resellers in Bangalore, i am also thinking of picking up an amp from US so will need a step down transformer for the same.

If someone can provide the contact details for Bangalore and an idea bout pricing it will be great

Dushie, not sure about Maxine. I got mine made from Aries at S.P.Road, Bangalore. These are much better than my previous convertor which I had bought ignorantly a few years ago. Call them at 9343753450. For 2k, I got a 500VA isolation transformer based convertor for my AVR which has a max consumption of 225 Watts at 110Volts. Isolation transformer based ones are said to be better for A/V applications especially amplifiers/AVRs.

thanks, will get in touch with them after calculating the total power that will be required for a denon 1909.

There is still some time for my amp to arrive. so i will call them in advance and get the details.

thanks, will get in touch with them after calculating the total power that will be required for a denon 1909.

There is still some time for my amp to arrive. so i will call them in advance and get the details.

HI,

Pls go for more than 1500W, as Denon 1909 consumes 660W at peak.

Cheers,

Hi Dushie, which transformer did you buy finally. What was the price and the wattage specifications?

Call them at 9343753450. For 2k, I got a 500VA isolation transformer based convertor for my AVR which has a max consumption of 225 Watts at 110Volts. Isolation transformer based ones are said to be better for A/V applications especially amplifiers/AVRs.

Thanks for the info. Met with the friendly folks at the tiny Aries shop bustling with business

Am confused with a bulky more reliable Aries 1kva isolation step down

Vs

A tried and tested slim sleek Auto 1kva Maxine

Someone please tell me what went wrong with you sleek Maxine?
All I hear is it works great

Thanks
Pradeep

Can anyone suggest an isolated transformer for 120V 60Hz 250 watts 320 Va input for yamaha htr 3063 receiver and amplifier in Mumbai
Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back