Suggest a 50 inch FHD Plasma TV

whiplash

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a new TV for watching cricket, HD movies and playing games connecting it to a gaming console (in future). I have gone through various blogs and found that Plasma tv would suit me best as per my requirements. My viewing distance is 9 feet. So I am basically looking for a 50-55 inch Full HD plasma TV. Budet max 80k. All suggestions are welcome :)

my priority list pana,,,samsung
panasonic is out of plasma as of now
2014 samsung plasma models are good ucan get a sweet deal on 2013 models in some shops ,, no experience on lg plasmas
kindly do side by side audition before buy:)

+1 for Samsung 51f5500. Panasonic range starts from 95k (at least the model equivalent to Samsung f5500) which is out of ur budget but can be negotiated for 87-90k.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a new TV for watching cricket, HD movies and playing games connecting it to a gaming console (in future). I have gone through various blogs and found that Plasma tv would suit me best as per my requirements. My viewing distance is 9 feet. So I am basically looking for a 50-55 inch Full HD plasma TV. Budet max 80k. All suggestions are welcome :)

I would have suggested the Samsung 51F5500 Plasma, I own one, and that is a very good set at ~70k budget. But you have mentioned gaming - Plasma TVs are not suitable for gaming, because of the static imagery in some portion on the screen. If gaming is a priority for you - please go for an LED. Otherwise, for sports and movies, the Samsung 51F5500 is very good. I am watching the Fifa world cup on that now - and it looks stunning.

But I have read LED tvs have more gaming lag compared to plasma tvs. Though gaming is not a priority as of now. Have heard good things about Samsung 51F5500. What about LGPB6600 ? Any ideas ? Its a full HD plasma tv and priced 55k @ flipkart

But I have read LED tvs have more gaming lag compared to plasma tvs. Though gaming is not a priority as of now. Have heard good things about Samsung 51F5500. What about LGPB6600 ? Any ideas ? Its a full HD plasma tv and priced 55k @ flipkart

The input lag of LED tvs have vastly improved in fact the fastest tv are now a LEDs.check out the rankings below only one plasma makes it to top 10.
Input Lag Test Database: Best TV For Gaming

Last edited:
Samsung 51F5500 is a good plasma TV and I'm sure you'll love it. LG 50PB6600 is a new model and I haven't auditioned it yet but I'm sure it will impress you in PQ, every plasma does. Don't go for Panasonic as they're out of plasma business now and if anything goes wrong, they'll give you a LED as replacement which I think is a downgrade.

+1 for samsung 5500, LG PB 6600 does not support 3d though, having the same dilemma myself,have been looking to buy a big 50 incher,but after going through a lot of reviews and opinions on the net and in our forum,i wud suggest u to go for a LED instead if you want to make it future proof,i have decided to look for LED instead of plasma for which samsung was the obvious choice.

+1 for samsung 5500, LG PB 6600 does not support 3d though, having the same dilemma myself,have been looking to buy a big 50 incher,but after going through a lot of reviews and opinions on the net and in our forum,i wud suggest u to go for a LED instead if you want to make it future proof,i have decided to look for LED instead of plasma for which samsung was the obvious choice.

What future proofing are you talking about?
LED as a technology is future proof in terms of 4k etc for 2-3 years until OLEDs will replace them slowly but surely.
But whatever LED TV you get will not magically become future proof and upgrade to 4k next year.
Whatever features the LED comes with, the plasma comes with too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back