Suggest a two channel 50watt Power amp for 2 addition high atmos channel.

Why are you not considering NORGE ?
Serious budget audiophile amplifiers
Hence people are suggesting either go for a power amp or a integrated amplifier with ht bypass..and I can see ht bypass is there on high-end integrated amps only..so waiting for a power amp.

Hence people are suggesting either go for a power amp or a integrated amplifier with ht bypass..and I can see ht bypass is there on high-end integrated amps only..so waiting for a power amp.
I am using Norge 1000 as external amplifier to the front left and right channels preout of the denon avr 2309. It’s working fine

I am using Norge 1000 as external amplifier to the front left and right channels preout of the denon avr 2309. It’s working fine
Thank you mate , once you free could you please share few pictures of connection ... like to see physically how it is connected with avr.

Why are you not considering the Allo Volt amp? It will do perfectly fine for atmos duties. Either stick it to the back of the speaker or keep it near the receiver. Its compact and very clean sounding.

MaSh

Why are you not considering the Allo Volt amp? It will do perfectly fine for atmos duties. Either stick it to the back of the speaker or keep it near the receiver. Its compact and very clean sounding.

MaSh
if any stereo amps will work(as Vaasu is saying he is using norge), technically i cant say it wont work but to be frank i dnt like open box component :confused: , that's the only reason mate , hope you dnt mind it.

if any stereo amps will work(as Vaasu is saying he is using norge), technically i cant say it wont work but to be frank i dnt like open box component :confused: , that's the only reason mate , hope you dnt mind it.
Well its only a suggestion and having seen it work, it was amazing. There is nothing for me to mind in that. In the end we suggest, you pick the best option.

Basically you need poweramps to connect to your preamp output. So it can be a dedicated power or a Stereo amp with separate Pre and Mains section. You could even check out Nad amps. Most of them have separate Pre and Main amp sections. I remember using an old 304 and then a 320 as power amp hooked to a Marantz NR1509 receiver. These powered the front channels then.

MaSh

Well its only a suggestion and having seen it work, it was amazing. There is nothing for me to mind in that. In the end we suggest, you pick the best option.

Basically you need poweramps to connect to your preamp output. So it can be a dedicated power or a Stereo amp with separate Pre and Mains section. You could even check out Nad amps. Most of them have separate Pre and Main amp sections. I remember using an old 304 and then a 320 as power amp hooked to a Marantz NR1509 receiver. These powered the front channels then.

MaSh
Thank you mate for guiding me towards right direction, in that case will NAD C 315BEE will work?

1612515211355.png
or can i use NAD 902 ? but this has 30 watt per channel i have Dali alteco c1 atmos speakers and its amps requirement is 40 to 100 watt so kind of confused. To be frank i would love to have a nad amp but not finding a old one. :confused:

Last edited:
Thank you mate for guiding me towards right direction, in that case will NAD C 315BEE will work?

View attachment 54420
or can i use NAD 902 ? but this has 30 watt per channel i have Dali alteco c1 atmos speakers and its amps requirement is 40 to 100 watt so kind of confused. To be frank i would love to have a nad amp but not finding a old one. :confused:
No 315 is one of those rare nad that doesn't have separate pre and main sections.

902 although rated at 30w only should be able to drive the Atmos speakers easily. If you have one handy, hook it up without a worry.

Yes getting an old nad in prestine condition is not easy.

MaSh

:confused:
No 315 is one of those rare nad that doesn't have separate pre and main sections.

902 although rated at 30w only should be able to drive the Atmos speakers easily. If you have one handy, hook it up without a worry.

Yes getting an old nad in prestine condition is not easy.

MaSh
i am getting a NAD c350 , 60 watt per channel , in good condition in 12k around, will it work ? if yes how will be the connection. from my avr to this integrated amp.

1612535257803.png

back of C350
1612535200748.png

1612535930064.png

ARV pre out for high channel t758v3

1612535348873.png

thanks
Monotosh.

:confused:

i am getting a NAD c350 , 60 watt per channel , in good condition in 12k around, will it work ? if yes how will be the connection. from my avr to this integrated amp.

View attachment 54425

back of C350
View attachment 54424

View attachment 54427

ARV pre out for high channel t758v3

View attachment 54426

thanks
Monotosh.
Oh that's awesome. Yes this will work.

In the second picture, you see the last two connectors sayin Pre Out and Mains In, interlinked with a bridge? Remove the bridge and connect your receiver's Pre Out to the Mains In on C350. Connect the speakers to the c350. You're done.

Your receiver will be the preamplifier and nad with the Mains In plugged in will be the Poweramp as you are feeding it's amplifier directly. The volume control and tone controls on c350 will not work when you remove the bridge.

MaSh

thanks
Oh that's awesome. Yes this will work.

In the second picture, you see the last two connectors sayin Pre Out and Mains In, interlinked with a bridge? Remove the bridge and connect your receiver's Pre Out to the Mains In on C350. Connect the speakers to the c350. You're done.

Your receiver will be the preamplifier and nad with the Mains In plugged in will be the Poweramp as you are feeding it's amplifier directly. The volume control and tone controls on c350 will not work when you remove the bridge.

MaSh

thank you very much, for helping, if i get it will update you.. :)

thanks

thank you very much, for helping, if i get it will update you.. :)
unfortunately that was sold:confused:, sadly not getting it, I am still open for a power amp or a integrated amp with main in port in back ,40 to 100 watt power , in working condition, brand i like is NAD, but open for other as well.

thanks
monotosh

on olx just spoke to a Mumbai guy selling NAD 3240PE 3rd hand and for 9k repaired one , condition is not good at least inside of it. But working condition am not sure will i take the call or not let me know.

0eeb5335-2ec4-4f18-ab5f-8f47d5be8085.jpg

Attachments

• fd2f3b69-bceb-4169-bb68-ec367e3ba788.jpg
    fd2f3b69-bceb-4169-bb68-ec367e3ba788.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 13
  • d1d40880-dfdd-45d1-976d-233c11414443.jpg
    d1d40880-dfdd-45d1-976d-233c11414443.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
While using Norge 1000 as power amp to denon av receiver connecting to receivers preout I must turn the volume knob to 6 out of 10 on the Norge to keep pace with the other 3 speakers. But in case using Norge solely as a stereo amp to the speakers volume dialed at 3 is more than enough for me sitting at a distance of 10 feet from speakers due to loads of power in Norge. I think this is due to two volume knobs one in Norge and other in denon. Generally power amps will have no volume knobs. And also due to higher power even though the volume knob is on 6 on Norge there is no distortion creeping to the front speakers.

While using Norge 1000 as power amp to denon av receiver connecting to receivers preout I must turn the volume knob to 6 out of 10 on the Norge to keep pace with the other 3 speakers. But in case using Norge solely as a stereo amp to the speakers volume dialed at 3 is more than enough for me sitting at a distance of 10 feet from speakers due to loads of power in Norge. I think this is due to two volume knobs one in Norge and other in denon. Generally power amps will have no volume knobs. And also due to higher power even though the volume knob is on 6 on Norge there is no distortion creeping to the front speakers.
I like to see how it physically connected, share a pic once you have time mate.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back