Suggest an upgrade for Swift Zxi 2019 company fitted music system

Hi, Sorry for the delayed reply. I have always been unsatisfied with OEM HU and speakers.

Recently I updated my Corolla Altis with Sony HU (AX3000) (21k MRP but you can easily get it for 15-17 range, I paid 16, Amazon is listing at 17488 right now), paired it with Focal speakers, Focal Performance Auditor RSE-165 2 Way Component System (Black), and Focal Performance Auditor RCX-690 6x9-inch 2 Way Coaxial Speaker (Black), (paid 11.5K for the two pairs). Spent 3k for fitting (including converter so that the OEM coupler is not touched). Amazing sound and everyone who sits in the car is amazed by the sound quality. Suggest this system combination. Plays everything, including FLAC, WAV, and connects Android Auto and Apply Carplay.
There is absolutely no need for a subwoofer or an amplifier with this, I have trouble playing at more than 1/2 volume with adequate bass. So unless you wish to have big bass, you can save money and go for this.

The OEM HU and speakers from new Swift was really pathetic. There was no option to adjust the mid frequency (just 2 band EQ, Treble and bass which is also not good at all). I replaced the HU with Pioneer S709BT (double din non-touch screen) that supports FLAC, has BT capability for hands-free calling. I installed JBL GX A646SI 4 channel amp and JBL GTO609 component speakers in front and JBL A352HI coaxial speakers in rear doors. I already had an Active Blaupunkt 8" subwoofer which i had connected directly to Pioneer HU. It took some time for the amp / speakers to burn-in. I have been using them for more than 1.5 months now. It sounds really great now with crystal clean sound with well balanced mid and Hi-freq. I cut the low frequency below 125Hz in front/rear speakers and use subwoofer to listen to <125Hz frequencies (through Low/high pass filters) This really cleans up the sound / frequencies. There are plenty of options / EQ / Crossover options in Pioneer HU. After playing around with it for a month, i have almost arrived at the sweet spot setting and i really enjoy it. Mostly i listen to FLAC files though i also have MP3 files. I hear a very subtle difference between FLAC and MP2(320 kbps) of same album through this HU. Though it is highly subjective, i prefer listening to lossless file formats.

get a dash kit and change the headunit .. Get Alpine or Kenwood whatever fits your budget ..

Get sound damping sheets for all your doors & boot .

Get component speakers from Focal or Hertz Audio & basic 6.5 inch coax speakers for rear doors .

If budget allows get a decent 4 channel amplifier , i think Hertz amps will come in your budget .

My new car has arrived. The stock music system is worse than what i had thought. There is no mid frequency at all in the output and to my shock there is no 'Mid' control in the Head unit. Only treble and bass is given. That makes me think that i need to change the Head unit. I have heard that some 2Din Pioneer HU can play FLAC / WAV format. Do anyone know the model number? My budget is less than 20k

That budget is very less for ice.

You need a good damping for cars like swift, so that you can cut roadside noise and rattling. May be this damping alone improve the sq.

Look out for Pioneer or Kenwood (better) Hu on their websites for the suitable model you prefer.

Then add good class AB amp, with good components.

What about voiding warranty
I have had no problems with HU change even when I service my Volkswagen, my earlier Maruti Swift had also been ICE'd never had any problems with warranty as well.
I don't even remember changing some thing in Warranty in my Swift.
Whereas my Volkswagen has most of the parts changed in warranty only thing that remains running properly is the engine :-D .

Probably when you face some issue with the electricals they would blame it on the HU Swap, its a risk you would have to take .

The OEM HU and speakers from new Swift was really pathetic. There was no option to adjust the mid frequency (just 2 band EQ, Treble and bass which is also not good at all). I replaced the HU with Pioneer S709BT (double din non-touch screen) that supports FLAC, has BT capability for hands-free calling. I installed JBL GX A646SI 4 channel amp and JBL GTO609 component speakers in front and JBL A352HI coaxial speakers in rear doors. I already had an Active Blaupunkt 8" subwoofer which i had connected directly to Pioneer HU. It took some time for the amp / speakers to burn-in. I have been using them for more than 1.5 months now. It sounds really great now with crystal clean sound with well balanced mid and Hi-freq. I cut the low frequency below 125Hz in front/rear speakers and use subwoofer to listen to <125Hz frequencies (through Low/high pass filters) This really cleans up the sound / frequencies. There are plenty of options / EQ / Crossover options in Pioneer HU. After playing around with it for a month, i have almost arrived at the sweet spot setting and i really enjoy it. Mostly i listen to FLAC files though i also have MP3 files. I hear a very subtle difference between FLAC and MP2(320 kbps) of same album through this HU. Though it is highly subjective, i prefer listening to lossless file formats.

Congratulations. Keep enjoying the music in your car..Hope the upgrade bug doesn't bite you soon!:)

Hi, Sorry for the delayed reply. I have always been unsatisfied with OEM HU and speakers.

Recently I updated my Corolla Altis with Sony HU (AX3000) (21k MRP but you can easily get it for 15-17 range, I paid 16, Amazon is listing at 17488 right now), paired it with Focal speakers, Focal Performance Auditor RSE-165 2 Way Component System (Black), and Focal Performance Auditor RCX-690 6x9-inch 2 Way Coaxial Speaker (Black), (paid 11.5K for the two pairs). Spent 3k for fitting (including converter so that the OEM coupler is not touched). Amazing sound and everyone who sits in the car is amazed by the sound quality. Suggest this system combination. Plays everything, including FLAC, WAV, and connects Android Auto and Apply Carplay.
There is absolutely no need for a subwoofer or an amplifier with this, I have trouble playing at more than 1/2 volume with adequate bass. So unless you wish to have big bass, you can save money and go for this.
I am surprised that you changed your default altis system. I have a 2010 Altis and the factory fitted unit with the 6 cd changer is too good. In fact people who sit in the car first notice the quality of music. In fact at times it sounds better than my expensive set up at home with a Rotel amp . The only flip side is lack of BT

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back