Suggest bang for the buck for my first TV

TrailVersion

Hello,

Disclaimer : New user. Do not have any idea about TVs or audio quality. "kya mast dhikra. kya mast bada screen hai?" types guy

We've finally decided to buy a TV and I've lurked this forum for sometime but haven't got any definitive answer, so decided to post.

Budget : ₹70-80k
Size : 46-55 inch
Viewing distance : 8 ft (currently rented flat, future home should be bigger *fingers crossed*)
Media consumption : 100% OTT

TV's in mind,

* OnePlus Q1
* Samsung Frame 55in (after cashback ~76k)

Hello,

Disclaimer : New user. Do not have any idea about TVs or audio quality. "kya mast dhikra. kya mast bada screen hai?" types guy

We've finally decided to buy a TV and I've lurked this forum for sometime but haven't got any definitive answer, so decided to post.

Budget : ₹70-80k
Size : 46-55 inch
Viewing distance : 8 ft (currently rented flat, future home should be bigger *fingers crossed*)
Media consumption : 100% OTT

TV's in mind,

* OnePlus Q1
* Samsung Frame 55in (after cashback ~76k)
Frame over Q1 anyday.

Yeah they aren't even in the same category. Frame if you're able to buy it with the cashback considering it isn't available now. If you don't mind spending 85k, it's probably one of the best tvs you can buy at the price. If you're looking into the Q1, might as well get the U1 and save the money for a soundbar as many have reported the U1 is 90-95% similar to the Q1. Personally I am contemplating whether it's justified for myself to spend the extra over the oneplus u1 if I am just going to use it casually and not really going to game or do anything else. If you are planning to get a console you should get the frame 2020.

Last edited:
If I have to buy a TV today I would go for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic only and not for oneplus, Vu, Redmi etc.

I have a FHD Samsung 40" TV bought in 2011 which beats FHD Vu TV bought in 2016 by a huge margin.

Infact Vu tv has started showing image retention and panel is almost gone. Will upgrade it with any of Korean or Japanese brand when that happens.

Frame tv is one option. Most likely I will buy this one if I have to buy a tv today.

LG nanocell series is also good. I had side by side comparison of nanocell TV with oled tv. Nanocell was impressive though I forgot which model was compared.

If I have to buy a TV today I would go for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic only and not for oneplus, Vu, Redmi etc.

+1
I have been using Samsung 40" LCD for over 8 years without any issues. PQ is far far better than Mi, Vu etc.

In one of the review i read it doesn't have local dimming.

Is there any down side of this? I didn't know about it until i read the review and said its one of the cons

Local dimming helps the black to appear deeper, so better contrast. But again for 80k this TV has a lot of good things.
Check here:

Local dimming helps the black to appear deeper, so better contrast. But again for 80k this TV has a lot of good things.
Check here:
Thats the older model.

This is the newer version

Frame tv is one option. Most likely I will buy this one if I have to buy a tv today.

LG nanocell series is also good. I had side by side comparison of nanocell TV with oled tv. Nanocell was impressive though I forgot which model was compared.

LG SK8500?

I found this model impressive too.

LG SK8500?

I found this model impressive too.
LG LEDs use IPS panels which have very bad contrast (though good viewing angles). Wouldn't suggest them for anything apart from News and Hindi sitcoms in bright rooms. For the price of it, better alternatives are available.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back