Suggest budget stereo setup

Hi,

Quite imformative arcticle on stereo set ups

How to buy a stereo system (without winning the lottery)@Everything2.com

Regards

Neetant

ok guys , i finally brought the NAD 325 BEE for my wharfedale 9.2 diamonds, before buying the NAD, i checked the following brands

Marantz PM 4001 for 16500/- and PM 6002 @ Rs.25000/-

Denon PMA 500AE for Rs.16500/-

Cambridge 540 v2 for Rs.19500/

Norge 2060 for Rs.7500/-

The Marantz/Juhu dealer in Juhu (Voila) was extremely sad and unhelpful, i had taken Atman,Sitar Graze and Tri Atma cds to close my purchase , this guys put the CD to Large Jamo floorstanders in which i could only hear the bass , requested them to put them in bookshelves so that i can understand the sound quality and they did after reluctance , neways the sound in the Denon was a little shrill / sharper , Marantz was slightly better , it was more heavy .. so that was out of my purchase list , these guys were not clear on rates also...

then moving on , I heard the Cambridge 540 and the Nad 325, the Cambridge output was great , but the treble was high compared to the Nad , infact the ownwer told its quite an negligible difference and can be adjusted in the cambridge ...

finally not to forego VFM brand and to be sure,I checked the Norge 2060 in Bandra with Lithos speakers (audiograph inc), and a Nad again,

Man the difference was quite evident , Norge was shriller and loud as compared to the Nad 325, nad was a lot more softer and warm.

finally i was convinced NAD is for me and i finally bought it , the very next day

I am thouroughly enjoying the music and quite impressed with its performance

Once again thanks to all of you guys for helping me buy,

another thing , i wanna buy a CD player for my set up, have been suggested a NAD only ... any suggestions??

am also planning for a SUB either A Rel /Velodyne, cdoes anybody has a primer/how to buy a subwoofer?

Thanks once again

Regards

Neetant

Hey buddy congratulations on the purchase :

At what price did u buy your NAD ?

Can you rank the above amps based on your auditions :)

You seem to buy a sub right? Does NAD have a pre/subwoofer out ?

Thanks!

Thanks ,

NAD 325 BEE for Rs.21000/-

The following are my ranks for the amps

1) Nad 325bee
2) Cambridge 540
3) Marantz PM 4001
4) Norge 2060
5) Denon 500AE

yes it does have pre out

hope it helps

regards
neetant

Hi bobby,

thanks for all your suggestions

need your POV on the following CD players

1) Onkyo DXC-390 CD Player

2) Denon DCM-500AE CD Player

your feedback is highly appreciated

Regards

Neetant

Last edited:
Hi neetant,
I really do not have any idea about the denon and onkyo's tonality, few of my friends were using nad when i bought the cdp so didn't take a look to any other brand but for nad CDP i am 100% sure that you won't regret this buy.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back