Suggest Cable to get 5.1 sound for Tata Sky HD Plus with my Denon 1909

moviemaniac

What cable should I use and connect my Tata SKY HD Plus to my Denon 1909 or Sony Bravia X Series 350 A 46 inch so that I can enjoy the 5.1 sound from the HD channels?

2 options:

1. Connect TS HD+ with HDMI to AVR and another HDMI out to TV.
2. Optical out from TS to AVR and hdmi from TS to TV. (My current setting)

BR,
Vishu

Can Airtel HD users comment on the same connection. Is it the same as described above to achieve 5.1 on Airtel HD too?

Can Airtel HD users comment on the same connection. Is it the same as described above to achieve 5.1 on Airtel HD too?
'

not sure if airtel HD has optical out.. you can use digital coax to connect to your avr for audio and hdmi to tv.

else hdmi to avr ( if applicable) and then hdmi from avr to tv.

2 options:

1. Connect TS HD+ with HDMI to AVR and another HDMI out to TV.
2. Optical out from TS to AVR and hdmi from TS to TV. (My current setting)

BR,
Vishu

Did Tata Sky solve the HDMI 5.1 audio problem? I thought you could only get 5.1 sound by connecting an optical or coaxial cable. As far as I knew, HDMI output on the Tata Sky HD+ box was not giving out 5.1 audio output.

I believe your AVR has a coaxial input. Don't bother BUYING optical, fragile cables. Just use any spare RCA cable to connect the coaxial output and you should be good till TS resolves 5.1 audio issue through HDMI.

[IMG2][/IMG2]
What cable should I use and connect my Tata SKY HD Plus to my Denon 1909 or Sony Bravia X Series 350 A 46 inch so that I can enjoy the 5.1 sound from the HD channels?

I have connected my Tata sky HD plus to Denon 1909 thru an optical cable as HDMI is useless.
However for SD channels which do not have a 5.1 audio, I hv connected the TV (Samsung D550) thru an HDMI with the TS set top box

You can use digital coaxial out from TS HD to Denon 1909 for 5.1 audio.
I have also done in the same way and enjoying 5.1 experience.

I have connect my Airtel HD STB to my AVR through optical cable.

All Airtel HD STBs have a HDMI out and Optical out.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back