Suggest economicalcables for HT setup...

saurabh81

I am setting up a HT. I have decided upon Jamo 406 5 speaker set and Jamo 200 Sub. I have yet to decide the receiver.

I am a new bee and till few days back I did not even knew that I have to research and spend money on cables. Anyways now when I have heard about so many cables I am confused and want your help on:

1. Wire gauge: Is 14 gauge wires enough to connect the speakers and the Sub?

2. Brand: Which are VFM brands available and what are the prices? To be honest I dont want to spend much on wires.

3. Shop: Where to shop wires in Bangalore (or anywhere is delivery is feasible)

Go for DAC 16 (~55/meter) for your surrounds and DAC 14 (~ 80/meter) or DAC 12 for your fronts. Vector in Blre should sell these.

On the Interconnects, get Bandridge from Croma, Reliance. If you have access to Metro, go for Panasonic or Bandridge available there.

Thanks a lot every one...
I have choice now DAC and MX...

So 14 for my FS and 16 for R/L/C is that fine???
And where is the vector in Bangalore?

Otherway round, 16 for surrounds and 14 for R/L/C... The copper strand size (diameter) is inversely proportional to the AWG number.

When QED 49 Strands is available for Rs.90/mtr
and QED 79 Strands @ Rs.150/mtr...

Then Y to look in for other cables...

The QED Subwoofer Cable Though is Rs.410/mtr...

The Alphason HDMI cable (Same group company of QED and same factory)...
3 mtrs costs Rs.3000...
Where the Optical Cable 1 mtr Costs Rs.2800...

Guyz just keep this in mind, if
Amplifier is Heart
Speakers are Functioning Body Parts
Then the Cables are the Nerves,
without which the power/blood doesnt flow...:cool:

Where to purchase these cables at these costs in b'lore? is it better than DAC?

Thanks,
Prakassh.

Hey Prakash

Hws ya..???

I think.. the comparison between QED and DAC is a bit difficult...

DAC falls in mid range and quality cables, where QED is one among the best cables in the World...
And for this i think the forum members should be the best one to comment on the same...

Please let me know what quantity you require the same, we can provide you the same.

Can you convert the 49strands and 79strands to approximate AWG?

When QED 49 Strands is available for Rs.90/mtr
and QED 79 Strands @ Rs.150/mtr...

Then Y to look in for other cables...

The QED Subwoofer Cable Though is Rs.410/mtr...

The Alphason HDMI cable (Same group company of QED and same factory)...
3 mtrs costs Rs.3000...
Where the Optical Cable 1 mtr Costs Rs.2800...

Guyz just keep this in mind, if
Amplifier is Heart
Speakers are Functioning Body Parts
Then the Cables are the Nerves,
without which the power/blood doesnt flow...:cool:

Dont want to open a new thread. Got a used c320bee and looking for the speakers.Meanwhile, rewiring my room and this is regarding the speaker cable path.

Want to keep the amp/player/laptop rack on one side of the room by the couch and place the speakers at the other side of the room, so that i can play through my lappy,sound card from the couch. I have a concealed pvc pipe to carry the speaker cables to the speaker end of the room. Problem is the reqd cabel length is 9m per speaker(18ms for the pair)through the concealed piping.
want to know which is the better option.
a)To use Rs.50/- pm cable which is around Rs.1000/- for 20m and have the comfort of playing through my lappy from the couch or
b)place the rack and speakers side by side in a conventional manner and connect through a good cable(Rs,300 pm which works out to Rs.1200 or more for 4m , but i lose the convenience of operation). or
c)lay good speaker [email protected] beneath the carpet which will be approx 10m.

Pl give me the best solution.(with recommended brand of cable for each)
Looking forward to the valuable suggestions.

1. Wire gauge: Is 14 gauge wires enough to connect the speakers and the Sub?

What are your speakers impedence? If they are 8 ohm then you could run upto 30 ft of 16 AWG wire. If they are 4 then about 15 ft.

If your cable length is longer than 30 ft then go for 14 AWG.

Most stock speaker cables that come as part of speakers are 20 or 22 AWG.

Dont want to open a new thread. Got a used c320bee and looking for the speakers.Meanwhile, rewiring my room and this is regarding the speaker cable path.

Want to keep the amp/player/laptop rack on one side of the room by the couch and place the speakers at the other side of the room, so that i can play through my lappy,sound card from the couch. I have a concealed pvc pipe to carry the speaker cables to the speaker end of the room. Problem is the reqd cabel length is 9m per speaker(18ms for the pair)through the concealed piping.
want to know which is the better option.
a)To use Rs.50/- pm cable which is around Rs.1000/- for 20m and have the comfort of playing through my lappy from the couch or
b)place the rack and speakers side by side in a conventional manner and connect through a good cable(Rs,300 pm which works out to Rs.1200 or more for 4m , but i lose the convenience of operation). or
c)lay good speaker [email protected] beneath the carpet which will be approx 10m.

Pl give me the best solution.(with recommended brand of cable for each)
Looking forward to the valuable suggestions.

You can go for DAC 16AWG (~50/mt) or 14AWG (~80/mt) and connect thru the conduits you have.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back