suggest good amp in rs 40000 range

If you are looking at Rs 70K, then you need to re-think your split between amp and speakers, I would not recommend that you spend 40K for an amp and then 20K for speakers and 10K on a CDP. You will have go much higher on the speakers, you might want to reduce your amp budget....
However, if you are looking at buying one good component and then upgrading the others later, your original approach might work, but then again you might as well wait till you collect enough dough.

cheers

POINT TO BE NOTED BY BUYERS OF OPPO DVD PLAYER FROM USA.

Anybody buying OPPO DVD player from USA may face problem playing some DVD's due to ZONE problem.
Where as if you buy from Asian market it is mostly ALL ZONE COMPATIBLE.
So make sure on this issue.
But for using it only as an audio player there will be no problem.
I bought one OPPO 980 from USA and facing this problem.
I bought another 983 from Bangkok and it can play all Zone.. Also bangkok is cheaper than Singapore. As I am from Bangkok I can help or you can contact importer in case he can export to you.
SKR

Can i choose all good indian products within 70k without much compromise.

What r the good Indian amps speakers cd player casettedeck graphic equaliser.

Someone told me that ENBEE is good brand for all these and can get amp speakers equaliser casettedeck for 44k.Is it correct?

Cheers
sameer

1. Don??t spend much on a CD player to begin with. Rs 10K shoild be the limit. Get that ??OPPO Universal ?? player under 10K(if you can), as you have mentioned you are interested only in 2 channel Audio then don??t worry much about DVD Zone restrictions, I am sure pretty soon a software hack will be available on the web as it happened with many other leading brands. If you can??t get ??OPPO?? for some reason or other, buy a decent DVD player, it may not be ??Audiophile; but can deliver and for a budget system of 70 K it works well! Look for any Philips, Samsung, Pioneer brand of a DVD Player. You may later upgrade to something better (a dedicated CD player) and use this DVDP for your future Home Theater. Simple.
  2. Speaker cables and Interconnect: Don??t spend more than 5K; you can manage with even lesser allocation than 5K.
  3. Drop the ??Graphic Equalizer??!
  4. Drop the Cassette player for now; you can add it at a later date. Perhaps you want to explore the option of converting your entire cassette collection into CD.
  5. Now you have 55K (70 ??10-5), split that into 35 + 20; 35K for speakers and 20K for AMP or 30K for AMP and 25K for speaker. You can get a decent NAD / CA entry-level amp (new) around 30K and with 25K in hand , there are lot of speakers to choose from.
  6. People talk a lot about ??ENBEE?? amp, there is a thread on this amp on this forum, search for it for more detailed information and pricing. I believe one forum member ??Kamal?? owns it, check with him.
  7. At present there is one fine NAD amp on Sale on this forum, check whether it is still available.

Hope this helps

Regards

SUhas

Last edited:
Thanks suhas

Conclude it by suggesting quality speakers compatible to NAD.
I have started searching for NAD in Hyderabad.

Cheers
Sameer

POINT TO BE NOTED BY BUYERS OF OPPO DVD PLAYER FROM USA.

Anybody buying OPPO DVD player from USA may face problem playing some DVD's due to ZONE problem.
Where as if you buy from Asian market it is mostly ALL ZONE COMPATIBLE.
So make sure on this issue.
But for using it only as an audio player there will be no problem.
I bought one OPPO 980 from USA and facing this problem.
I bought another 983 from Bangkok and it can play all Zone.. Also bangkok is cheaper than Singapore. As I am from Bangkok I can help or you can contact importer in case he can export to you.
SKR

I believe all Oppo players can be made region free including the DV-980H.
REGION UNLOCKING

Press Setup.
Press "9210" in quick succession. A new window will appear.
Press "0". Your region is now multi-region.
Press Setup to Exit.

Did you try this?

satish

Thanks Satish for suggesting setup steps for making OPPO region free.
I will try it on my OPPO 980H and see if it can covert it to all zone.
Regards
SKR

Hey Sameer...

In all this discussion, and timeline, have you went on auditioning and shortilisting any speakers...???

Anyways, Odyssey, has really good amps, if you have auditioned, CA, Marantz and NAD, comparing all the basic series, Odyssey, is better...

You can even audition it at ARN Systems (Hitachi Gallery), Ali will be there, or call Sridhar, even he will be available there if you inform him in advance..

Hey Sridhar, sorry never figured you out...
Its Mridul (Sight and Sound India), hope now you recognize me...

Anyways, Sameer, you can even look out for Cambridge Audio 640v2...

Regarding the CDP, i really dont have any info on OPPO, so cant comment, would study there website and products, in a day or two...

Plan some good speakers, out in range of max 35K-40K, go for an amp for max 30K-35K and for CDP let it not be more than 5K to give a start...

I think that should help you...

And if you are love rock, than i will prefer go for CA 640v2 with MS 908i (with inbuilt sub), will confirm the pricing by tomorrow...

Do let us know, any of your querry's...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Hi Satish/Audiodelic
I followed the Set up steps to convert my OPPO 980H to all zone as suggested by you.
I was successful in this. Now I just have to try few movies of asian region.Basically I am using 980 as Transport to feed my Monarchy tube DAC.
Thanks a lot.

I have another 983h which I bought locally for watching DVD's.
But as my Philips LCD TV is older one with 1.1 HDMI input I am having problem using 983 HDMI output which is 1.3 and not 100% compatible.
It works some times but at times i have problem in sound and sometimes in vedio or both. The Vedio quality of 983 HDMI is to good to be missed.
So I can only use normal vedio output or Component.
Is there any solution for this ?
Regards
SKR

Hi Satish/Audiodelic
I followed the Set up steps to convert my OPPO 980H to all zone as suggested by you.
I was successful in this. Now I just have to try few movies of asian region.Basically I am using 980 as Transport to feed my Monarchy tube DAC.
Thanks a lot.

I have another 983h which I bought locally for watching DVD's.
But as my Philips LCD TV is older one with 1.1 HDMI input I am having problem using 983 HDMI output which is 1.3 and not 100% compatible.
It works some times but at times i have problem in sound and sometimes in vedio or both. The Vedio quality of 983 HDMI is to good to be missed.
So I can only use normal vedio output or Component.
Is there any solution for this ?
Regards
SKR

Great to hear the region hack worked with your DV-980H. Oppo's company policies are great i respect that company.

Concerning your 983h:-
I dont think the audio-video dropout issues are because of the hdmi 1.3 port, since hdmi is backward compatible.

I think i have the solution for you:-
Make sure you have constant power(electricity) while doing this. power cut out during a upgrade cold prove fatal for your player.

Do a Firmware upgrade (steps):-
1. Download the firmware from http://www.oppodigital.com/dv983h/download/DV983H-06-0430/DV983H-06-0430.iso

2. Burn a CD from the downloaded ISO image file. Be sure to burn the CD as an ISO image file, not a data file. The CD should contain a 983.BIN file if you burned it successfully. Please consult your CD burning software's help/instruction manual for more information on how to do this. Some general instruction for common CD burning software is listed below.

3. Turn on your TV display and the OPPO player. Open the player tray and insert the firmware CD, and then close the tray.

4. As soon as the CD is loaded, you will see "Press Play To Start" on your TV display. Press the PLAY key on the remote or the player once. The TV display shows "File Copying" and then "UPGRADING"

5. In about 8 seconds, the CD will be ejected. Remove the CD quickly; DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. What follows is the process when the player will reboot itself.

6. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS NOR ATTEMPT TO CLOSE THE TRAY NOR UNPLUG THE POWER DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.

7. After approximately 1 - 2 minutes, the player reboots itself and closes the tray automatically to complete the process. The update process is completed when the front panel of the DVD player shows "No Disc".

8. Press the "OSD" button on the remote control to verify the new firmware version.

9. The new firmware may affect your HDMI output resolution and setup menu settings. To ensure you have the correct settings, turn off and then turn on the player. Press the HDMI button on the remote control to set the desired output resolution. Adjust the setup menu settings if necessary.

10. Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade.

Try this and let me know if it helped in fixing the dropout problems.
Where did you buy your Oppo 983H in India from ?

Hi Audiodelic,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
You seems to be an expert on OPPO.
I just burn a CD and after inserting back it is showing file name as 983.
So it appears I got it right.
Now i will do rest of the procedure tomorrow as it is late in the night here.
Actually I bought my 983 from Bangkok where I am living also. I have a home in Delhi and I travel 3 or 4 times in a year,
. I took my OPPO to the shop who is my friend also from whom I had bought this unit and there it was working OK with other LCD players like Sony Samsung etc. So he told me it could be a HDMI problem with my Philips LCD.
Now I will try your recommendation and let you know.
Where are u from. Delhi or Bombay or Banglore? See I could benefit straight away by joining this forum.
Thanks and regards
SKR

Hi Audiodelic,
luckily there are no power cuts here like in Delhi.
So that way i am safe while upgrading the software
SKR

Pls let me know the results in detail.
Any kind of improvements you noticed...

I'm from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh but im in canada presently at university.
P.S - I have a house in delhi and there are power cuts sometimes.
Or maybe times have changed last i was there was year back.

I hope you do know if on the Oppo 983H your not using HDMI then your not using the advanced anchor bay chipset at all, that only works via HDMI.
If the firmware upgrade doesnt work i suggest you sell it and buy another player that would work for your situation. Maybe the Oppo 981HD.

Hi Audiodelic,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
You seems to be an expert on OPPO.
I just burn a CD and after inserting back it is showing file name as 983.
So it appears I got it right.
Now i will do rest of the procedure tomorrow as it is late in the night here.
Actually I bought my 983 from Bangkok where I am living also. I have a home in Delhi and I travel 3 or 4 times in a year,
. I took my OPPO to the shop who is my friend also from whom I had bought this unit and there it was working OK with other LCD players like Sony Samsung etc. So he told me it could be a HDMI problem with my Philips LCD.
Now I will try your recommendation and let you know.
Where are u from. Delhi or Bombay or Banglore? See I could benefit straight away by joining this forum.
Thanks and regards
SKR

Last edited:
Hi Audiodelic,
Nice to know you are from Hyderabad as I also lived there for 6 years and love that city and biryani.
In my OPPO 983 the upgrade software failed. It is showing "CHECKSUM FAIL"
So do you think there is a problem in my 983 or is it a software issue.
Since the dealer is my friend he will change and give me another piece of 983 but I hope i don't get same problem again. And i don't want to bother my dealer friend in case problem is not with the player.
as an alternative i can take this player to india as I have to buy a new LCD TV there. May be it will work with newer 1.3 LCD TV's.
You mean the Anchor Bay chipset does not work even with COMPONENT connection.
Do let me know. Where are u located in Canada and are u a student or a faculty.
From your forum name it appears you are a dedicated audiophile.
Thanks and regards
SKR

Hi Audiodelic,
Nice to know you are from Hyderabad as I also lived there for 6 years and love that city and biryani.
In my OPPO 983 the upgrade software failed. It is showing "CHECKSUM FAIL"
So do you think there is a problem in my 983 or is it a software issue.
Since the dealer is my friend he will change and give me another piece of 983 but I hope i don't get same problem again. And i don't want to bother my dealer friend in case problem is not with the player.
as an alternative i can take this player to india as I have to buy a new LCD TV there. May be it will work with newer 1.3 LCD TV's.
You mean the Anchor Bay chipset does not work even with COMPONENT connection.
Do let me know. Where are u located in Canada and are u a student or a faculty.
From your forum name it appears you are a dedicated audiophile.
Thanks and regards
SKR

Consult this link and recheck if you did anything wrong and try again(alternatively with a usb drive if you have one) :-

Try burning with this software:-
We recommend the easy to use BurnAtOnce software, available for downloading at burnatonce.net. You can use it to burn the firmware CD from the .iso file. After you install and start the BurnAtOnce software, do the following:

1. Click on "File".
2. Choose "Load New Image..."
3. Choose the saved firmware image file from your computer.
4. Load a blank CD-R disc and click the big "Write" button.
5. Verify that the burned CD has a "983.bin" file.

The file name should be 983.bin

OPPO DV-983H DVD Player Firmware Update

If you read the release notes it says they have addressed a fix for hdmi audio/video drop out issues.
Which im guessing is the problem in your case.

If it again gives you an error email oppo about it, theyre very helpful.
[email protected].

Last edited:
Hi Audiodelic,
Thanks for your advice again. But some how I could not complete the process may be due to lack of computer knowledge .
I could down load the software and go till point no.2 "LOAD NEW IMAGE", and a new window opens asking firmware image file name.

But there after i could not proceed. Where do I get this file name. I typed 983 and few others but could not get success.
If u don't mind can you please explain me the steps from here. May be you can try it yourself and let me know.
What do i type in this window and do i need to close it before going to point No.4 to load a CD and click on WRITE.
Sorry for bothering you again.
Thanks
SKR

Hi Audiodelic,
Thanks for your advice again. But some how I could not complete the process may be due to lack of computer knowledge .
I could down load the software and go till point no.2 "LOAD NEW IMAGE", and a new window opens asking firmware image file name.

But there after i could not proceed. Where do I get this file name. I typed 983 and few others but could not get success.
If u don't mind can you please explain me the steps from here. May be you can try it yourself and let me know.
What do i type in this window and do i need to close it before going to point No.4 to load a CD and click on WRITE.
Sorry for bothering you again.
Thanks
SKR

Ok Try This step by step

1.Download the cd image file from here.
http://www.oppodigital.com/dv983h/download/DV983H-06-0430/DV983H-06-0430.iso

2.Download Imageburn from here.
FileForum | ImgBurn

3. Install Image Burn. Once installed run it. Choose option burn image to cd.
Choose the oppo file you downloaded in step 1 as the image file.

# Be sure to burn the CD as an ISO image file, not a data file. The CD should contain a 983.BIN file if you burned it successfully.

# Turn on your TV display and the OPPO player. Open the player tray and insert the firmware CD, and then close the tray.

# As soon as the CD is loaded, you will see "Press Play To Start" on your TV display. Press the PLAY key on the remote or the player once. The TV display shows "File Copying" and then "UPGRADING"

# In about 8 seconds, the CD will be ejected. Remove the CD quickly; DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. What follows is the process when the player will reboot itself.

# DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS NOR ATTEMPT TO CLOSE THE TRAY NOR UNPLUG THE POWER DURING THE REMAINING UPGRADE PROCESS.

# After approximately 1 - 2 minutes, the player reboots itself and closes the tray automatically to complete the process. The update process is completed when the front panel of the DVD player shows "No Disc".

# Press the "OSD" button on the remote control to verify the new firmware version.

# The new firmware may affect your HDMI output resolution and setup menu settings. To ensure you have the correct settings, turn off and then turn on the player. Press the HDMI button on the remote control to set the desired output resolution. Adjust the setup menu settings if necessary.

# Congratulations! You have just completed the firmware upgrade.

Hey Sameer...

In all this discussion, and timeline, have you went on auditioning and shortilisting any speakers...???

Anyways, Odyssey, has really good amps, if you have auditioned, CA, Marantz and NAD, comparing all the basic series, Odyssey, is better...

You can even audition it at ARN Systems (Hitachi Gallery), Ali will be there, or call Sridhar, even he will be available there if you inform him in advance..

Hey Sridhar, sorry never figured you out...
Its Mridul (Sight and Sound India), hope now you recognize me...

Anyways, Sameer, you can even look out for Cambridge Audio 640v2...

Regarding the CDP, i really dont have any info on OPPO, so cant comment, would study there website and products, in a day or two...

Plan some good speakers, out in range of max 35K-40K, go for an amp for max 30K-35K and for CDP let it not be more than 5K to give a start...

I think that should help you...

And if you are love rock, than i will prefer go for CA 640v2 with MS 908i (with inbuilt sub), will confirm the pricing by tomorrow...

Do let us know, any of your querry's...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Hi Mrdul

plese p.m the qoute for CA 640v2 with MS 908i and others.
Could u arrange audition for the same @ hyderabad?

Cheers

sameer

Dear Sameer

Please find the prices quotes below :

MS 908i - MRP 40,000

CA 640v2 - MRP 23,000

And as far as the auditioning is concerned, give me a days time, i will try to arrange the same, in one our customers house...
I think that will be better for auditioning...

Just give me some time...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Hi Audiodelic,
Thanks for your efforts.
I was finally able to install the upgraded software.Let me use it for a few days and see how it works. IS THE PICTURE QUALITY OF SAME ANCHOR BAY LEVEL OR NOT.

The main problem was that my OPPO was not able to take the upgrade software from the CD. I tried copying CD 3 times and played the 3 CD's as directed but every time it failed. So i thought there was some copying or download problem.
But finally I tried the process using Thumb drive and was able to load the new software. Immediately I tried a DVD movie which started working OK and I was getting both audio and vedio. OPPO HAS ANOTHER PROCESS FOR USING THUMB DRIVE UPGRADE.
Thanks a lot
Regards
SKR

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back