Suggest good subwoofer around 20K

ankitj

hi,

I am looking to buy a new subwoofer at around 20K (plus minus 2000-3000). Currently i am using onkyo sl-107 subwoofer. I'm hearing this woofer more than feeling it. Pls suggest a good woofer in this range. I've listened to polk audio psw110 subwoofer n it was very weak. Since i'm staying in an apartment, i am considering a front firing subwoofer.
Pls suggest.

Haha..everyone in the same boat.

I have been researching a bit on this...so far my shortlists are
Pioneer SW8MK2 by Andrew Jones - 22k
Polk Audio PSW110 - 16K
Bic V8 - 20K
Thonet & Vander SW10 - 15K.

Problem is I can't audtion any of them other than the Polk.
So, need to go with gut feel.

The Thonet & Vander seems the most VFM and feedback from other member here is very good. So, probably will go for that. Only thing holding me back is this is a unknown brand and not many reviews available on the internet. So, it's a risk in that way as it is more or less an unknown entity.

With a little more money, the Velodyne Impact 10 at 27K sounds like the best bet.
But whether we want to stretch the budget is a personal choice.

Ok, Taga Harmony Sw90 available at hifimart at 17K can also be considered.
Also, Polk PSW 125 and Jamo 210.

Guys, anyone used these subs?
Feedback plz

I have heard the Jamo Sub 210 and it wasnt a good peroformer, however the Jamo Sub 260 was a far better product, it costed 25k with discounts, i did not have the budget or else would have surely picked up the Jamo SUB260. Besides the polk psw110 is vfm and very few subwoofers are available with a 10inch driver at that price. PSW125 has a 12inch driver however.

Of all the above mentioned, I've heard Polk PSW110, bass was very low considering its impressive spec sheet.

Hi Ankit,

I would suggest you try and visit dealers around you for an audition to get an idea of different sub woofers so that you can make an informed decision and not regret later...

USe the same song / movie for audition to get a better sight of performance....

If budget is an issue, look at the pre owned section For Sale by Owner or Hi Fi Ads..

All the best

Plz suggest at least 3 brands of sub woofers to audition as i am sailing in the same boat.
Many thanks

I am using Polk Audio PSW110. It's an earthquake creator!! All time I uses with 20-30% volume. Some times I tries with 70% volume, that's... no words.. ground braking... wall shaking... :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I was very much interested in the PSW110 from Polk as it is within my budget and has real good specs (10 inch driver). But I was little concerned about the reviews which were not so positive. What is the general opinion of people here about this?

It is the only subwoofer from a reputed company with 10 inch driver available at 16-17K.

Depending on the room size, select the sub.. I am using Polk PWS 110 for 4 months now (room size is 18x16 feets) & I'm very much happy with the performance.. don't go by the verdict where people says its has low bass..

Depending on the room size, select the sub.. I am using Polk PWS 110 for 4 months now (room size is 18x16 feets) & I'm very much happy with the performance.. don't go by the verdict where people says its has low bass..

My room size is slightly smaller but then I have one side slightly open.
Did you compare the PSW110 with any other subs while buying? Interested to know why you chose the PSW110

As I said, there are only 2 subs within 20K with 10 inch driver
Polk PSW110
Thonet & vander SW10 (but this looks like a newbie)

All others are 8 inch ones
Pioneer SW8-MK2
BIC V80
Jamo 210
Taga Harmony TSW90

My room size is slightly smaller but then I have one side slightly open.
Did you compare the PSW110 with any other subs while buying? Interested to know why you chose the PSW110

As I said, there are only 2 subs within 20K with 10 inch driver
Polk PSW110
Thonet & vander SW10 (but this looks like a newbie)

All others are 8 inch ones
Pioneer SW8-MK2
BIC V80
Jamo 210
Taga Harmony TSW90

I took a demo of Polk 110, Yamaha, pioneer & Taga before i finalized Polk

Anyone has an idea of the SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer cost for new and Dealer name in New Delhi /NCR.

If you guys know anybody selling an old SVS sub SB-1000 plz let me know.

Polk 110 subwoofer sounded weak.

JBL ARENA subwoofer sounded average.

So dont know what to buy. Plz help make up my mind and no general comments kindly- if you like / dont like a subwoofer say it please.

Thanks a lot.

I am getting velodyne impact 10 for 27K in Hyderabad.
Does that price sound good?

Or else, BIC V1020 is available at 26K.

I think these 2 are the best bets in the 25-27K range. I am getting a feeling that it is better to spend 7-8K more and get either of these 2.

PLease suggest which one I should get.. I can't audition the BIC though.
Any other suggestions welcome in the 25K range.

Within 20K, I think the best option is to go for the Thonet and Vander SW10 though it is new. A forum member has given a very good review and it is extremely VFM at 14K in ebay. So, even if it is not great, we will not feel the pinch

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back