Suggest me between MA RX6 and PSB T6

Better of following two speakers in terms of performance.

• PSB T6

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • MA RX6

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Polk is not for music IMO. They are pure HT speakers, but they are great value for money. MA RX6 are good speakers, but their price has increased considerably in the recent time, so I wonder "are they really worth the money".
If you are open to Bookshelves, I would suggest you to listen to the KEF R300 speakers, which are also in the same price range. There are 3 way speakers and they sound even better than the Monitor Audio GX series speakers IMO. The KEF R series have great reviews. I strongly suggest you to audition the KEF R series speakers.

Small update guys: I've auditioned PSB t6 with marantz sr7008. On paper it has got 20W more than SR5008. It sounded great I should say :) definitely NAD stereo amplifier drove it to best. It's always the case with stereo amplifiers.

Sound was so clean lively crystal clear clarity. Very good bass. Hopefully there should not much deviation with SR5008 too

Small update guys: I've auditioned PSB t6 with marantz sr7008. On paper it has got 20W more than SR5008. It sounded great I should say :) definitely NAD stereo amplifier drove it to best. It's always the case with stereo amplifiers.

Sound was so clean lively crystal clear clarity. Very good bass. Hopefully there should not much deviation with SR5008 too

Hey!! So whats the update with SR5008 and T6? I was pretty much inclined for this combination of PSB T6 with Marantz 5008 and now I see this thread.
I auditioned T6 with NAD at Lakozy, and found it to be the most complete FS. Amazing Soundstage (I had to ask twice, if the centre speaker was ON :) and great detailing of Mids and Highs. Bass was good too for an FS.

Before that, I auditioned, Dali Zensor 7 and Ikon 6, Monitor 7s7 & 9s7, Polk RTI A7, KEF R500 (Perhaps, they were not paired with good electronics) Wharfdale 10.4, 10.6 and just now Q Acoustics 2050i.

After T6, my second on the list would be RTI A7 and then 2050i (wish it had more lows, one would need a separate sub, but amazing detailing of mids and very clear vocals). I havent had a chance to audition RX6 yet.

Another important option I am considering is Danavox Polestar VF-101, based on amazing reviews by friends and awaiting for its audition as well.
Cheers!

Hey!! So whats the update with SR5008 and T6? I was pretty much inclined for this combination of PSB T6 with Marantz 5008 and now I see this thread.
I auditioned T6 with NAD at Lakozy, and found it to be the most complete FS. Amazing Soundstage (I had to ask twice, if the centre speaker was ON :) and great detailing of Mids and Highs. Bass was good too for an FS.

Before that, I auditioned, Dali Zensor 7 and Ikon 6, Monitor 7s7 & 9s7, Polk RTI A7, KEF R500 (Perhaps, they were not paired with good electronics) Wharfdale 10.4, 10.6 and just now Q Acoustics 2050i.

After T6, my second on the list would be RTI A7 and then 2050i (wish it had more lows, one would need a separate sub, but amazing detailing of mids and very clear vocals). I havent had a chance to audition RX6 yet.

Another important option I am considering is Danavox Polestar VF-101, based on amazing reviews by friends and awaiting for its audition as well.
Cheers!

Hey there is a slight delay in plan of bringing in to India. I am expecting it around march 15 - 20th. So that time probably I can update you how pair worked well. But beleive me, when i side by side compared with Marantz receiver and couple of other brand receivers, marantz paired well with T6. So I hope sr5008

Can you pls tell me, how much 2050i and VF-101 costs in india ?

Hey there is a slight delay in plan of bringing in to India. I am expecting it around march 15 - 20th. So that time probably I can update you how pair worked well. But beleive me, when i side by side compared with Marantz receiver and couple of other brand receivers, marantz paired well with T6. So I hope sr5008

2050i is about 66k

PSB T6: Laid back, but with a great sound stage
PSB T5: Precise vocal and sharp focus, but lack sound stage
PSB Imagine T: a combination of above both, perfect for stereo setup (1.3 lac retail)

Please note when used in HT setup, these speakers tend to have a lean envelope throughout the room.

The above are my observations.

Thanks Mukutharajaa. 2050i retails at 66k. With negotiation, u can get in close to 60K.
VF-101, the pricing is still not clear...as i guess the shipment for the new batch hasnt reached India. You can contact Mr. M V Baalaji sundar of
A.V.XTASY, Chennai for the quote, +91-9941373242

Also, can you tell me, if the soundstage with T6 and Marantz also good. I have checked T6 with NAD.. and I am almost sold for the soundstage :) Havent experienced it with any other combination.
Yesterday, I auditioned RX6 as well. Great speakers. But i wud rank it below T6. (Oops the Poll is closed now) :) I couldnt get any soundstage in this. dont know the reason. I put 30% weightage to soundstage in my selection matrix. I auditioned this at Boomerang, Malhotra House, Mumbai.

Last edited:
Thanks Mukutharajaa. 2050i retails at 66k. With negotiation, u can get in close to 60K.
VF-101, the pricing is still not clear...as i guess the shipment for the new batch hasnt reached India. You can contact Mr. M V Baalaji sundar of
A.V.XTASY, Chennai for the quote, +91-9941373242

Also, can you tell me, if the soundstage with T6 and Marantz also good. I have checked T6 with NAD.. and I am almost sold for the soundstage :) Havent experienced it with any other combination.
Yesterday, I auditioned RX6 as well. Great speakers. But i wud rank it below T6. (Oops the Poll is closed now) :) I couldnt get any soundstage in this. dont know the reason. I put 30% weightage to soundstage in my selection matrix. I auditioned this at Boomerang, Malhotra House, Mumbai.

Thanks Dev_KD.

I will have to think about auditioning both 2050i and VF-101. I have tried with Yamaha entry level av receiver with T6. I think power was not enough to drive T6. It did not sound well. In fact it worsened altogether.

Did you get a chance to do A/B comparision of T6 and RX6. New RX6 is 40k higher than T6.

Hey I am looking at PSB T6 and B&W 683-S2, the new release in 2014. I have auditioned the 683 and it was mind blowing. I previously auditioned Focal 726, KEF Q900 and the R series from KEF. R series surely is over my budget and did not bother hearing that for a second time but I tried the Focal, Q900 and 683 thrice and the sound of 683 still linger in my ears. They are amazing speakers with lot of depth and bass. I constantly asked the guy whether the Sub or center channel is on because the sound stage w/o sub is awesome. Having said that I recently read great reviews about PSB T6 and will be auditioning it this week. The thread above also gave me a good insight and most likely I will go for either the 683 or the T6 ( surely after my audition this week ).

Can someone tell me how much does the T6 cost in retail?

Hey I am looking at PSB T6 and B&W 683-S2, the new release in 2014. I have auditioned the 683 and it was mind blowing. I previously auditioned Focal 726, KEF Q900 and the R series from KEF. R series surely is over my budget and did not bother hearing that for a second time but I tried the Focal, Q900 and 683 thrice and the sound of 683 still linger in my ears. They are amazing speakers with lot of depth and bass. I constantly asked the guy whether the Sub or center channel is on because the sound stage w/o sub is awesome. Having said that I recently read great reviews about PSB T6 and will be auditioning it this week. The thread above also gave me a good insight and most likely I will go for either the 683 or the T6 ( surely after my audition this week ).

hi KJD,

recently they have increased T6 price to 91k. but I got a quote of 85k with some cable and other accessories. BDW how much B&W 683 new version retails and where did you audition?

I spoke with few dealers. They all said they are not available. Company may have some stock still available. You will read on forums and news around their new Imagine X launch. I am happy I picked my 5 speaker set for a great price

My knowledge is limited on the subject and I have been reading a lot on this though. I am really hoping to get some suggestions from experts on the received. I need primarily for movies and regular TV watching with some music. What I am confused about is if I should go ahead with $200-$400 amp for the two tower speakers and a decent AVR around $500 or should I just get a nice AVR for around $1000. There are views online that amp and AVR don't necessarily bring that much value

I spoke with few dealers. They all said they are not available. Company may have some stock still available. You will read on forums and news around their new Imagine X launch. I am happy I picked my 5 speaker set for a great price
I just met one dealer last week. as per his update its not discontinued. and also he said it's going to take at least 3 months to get xt series in India. in India xt is expected to be priced 20k higher than image series. above all if company is going to discontinue that, definitely they won't hike the price. rather they would lower it. so let's see what happens in coming days

PSB anyday, is value for money speakers...if you compare the similarly prized speakers of other brand..you will find sound stage is better than the others..and I am talking about soundstage only...other things may sound nicer and it depends upon listener...so keep this in mind..

cheers

dheeraj

I am wondering, does it take 6 months to decide between 2 speakers? Both the speakers are getting discontinued and you will have to begin the process from the scratch again.

If you like a speaker, purchase it and call it a day. if you wait sufficiently long, every speaker in the market will be discontinued only. It is irrelevant if the speakers are discontinued or not as long as you like them. IMO, you can pair them with any good rear speakers. If you are worried about the center channel (which is important), buy one along with the fronts. If you would have purchased the RX6 by the time you started the thread, you could have got them along with center channel for the price the new silver 6 is selling.

Marantz 5008 will drive the fronts in 2 channel but I am sceptical when you connect all 5 channels of Image T.

Also, check out the new monitor audio mass speaker series if surround sound is your primary requirement. I auditioned them and they were great for 5.1.

I am wondering, does it take 6 months to decide between 2 speakers? Both the speakers are getting discontinued and you will have to begin the process from the scratch again.

If you like a speaker, purchase it and call it a day. if you wait sufficiently long, every speaker in the market will be discontinued only. It is irrelevant if the speakers are discontinued or not as long as you like them. IMO, you can pair them with any good rear speakers. If you are worried about the center channel (which is important), buy one along with the fronts. If you would have purchased the RX6 by the time you started the thread, you could have got them along with center channel for the price the new silver 6 is selling.

Marantz 5008 will drive the fronts in 2 channel but I am sceptical when you connect all 5 channels of Image T.

Also, check out the new monitor audio mass speaker series if surround sound is your primary requirement. I auditioned them and they were great for 5.1.
hey thanks for the suggestion. BDW I've started auditioning well before I got avr in my hand. actually speaking I got my avr couple of weeks back. as you said rx6 is over now. even that time it was slightly on costlier side. without auditioning with my avr I didn't want to buy speakers.

after reading so many other reviews in this forum I've expanded by list. 2 speakers are pending in this new list. one is dali zenzor and other is b&w .

do you think, marantz 5008 can not drive full blown PSB image T speakers ? should I test that also before buying ?

I would purchase speakers before next month end after getting ready with enough fund [emoji2]

Where are you located?

MA speakers typically sound great with Marantz. Audio People in Hyd and Chennai give audition with Marantz 5008 only and I have to say they are wonderful amp and I am decided on buying them or the 6008 after side by side demo with denon X1000.

B&W 5.1 will be much costlier than the RX6 and T6 combo. The 685 only is 70k and 683 is treading towards 1.5L. Unless you extremely like them, they are poor value in India to get first hand. Again, B&W 683 is very hard to drive and Iam not sure if 5008 can drive them in a all B&W 5.1 setup.

I haven't heard the T6 yet but from what I infer, while they excel in sound department, they are hard to drive. I have heard the B6 bookshelves with NAD 325 and they were easier to drive and sounded sublime for the price. Not heard them with any AVRs as yet as they are not available for demo in Hyderabad.

As I said, don't forget to check the MA Mass 5.1 package. They sounded better IMO against the costlier radius package. If everything goes fine, I will take home a 5008 + mass combo shortly.

Nothing came close to mass package except the Heco victa package which I have to check again. Heco has the B&W signature and costly much less, give it a try also.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back