Suggest me between MA RX6 and PSB T6

Better of following two speakers in terms of performance.

• PSB T6

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • MA RX6

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where are you located?

MA speakers typically sound great with Marantz. Audio People in Hyd and Chennai give audition with Marantz 5008 only and I have to say they are wonderful amp and I am decided on buying them or the 6008 after side by side demo with denon X1000.

B&W 5.1 will be much costlier than the RX6 and T6 combo. The 685 only is 70k and 683 is treading towards 1.5L. Unless you extremely like them, they are poor value in India to get first hand. Again, B&W 683 is very hard to drive and Iam not sure if 5008 can drive them in a all B&W 5.1 setup.

I haven't heard the T6 yet but from what I infer, while they excel in sound department, they are hard to drive. I have heard the B6 bookshelves with NAD 325 and they were easier to drive and sounded sublime for the price. Not heard them with any AVRs as yet as they are not available for demo in Hyderabad.

As I said, don't forget to check the MA Mass 5.1 package. They sounded better IMO against the costlier radius package. If everything goes fine, I will take home a 5008 + mass combo shortly.

Nothing came close to mass package except the Heco victa package which I have to check again. Heco has the B&W signature and costly much less, give it a try also.
I'm from Bangalore. here marx6 was paired with CA tube amplifier. he resisted to connect to some avr. but now new series costing around 1.3 L . as B&W has also replaced their 68x series, old one is being offered now for less than a lakh. even I was thinking about power capability.

you have now added two more speakers to my list [emoji2] Thanks for that. how about MA mass speakers in terms of music? Seriously I suggest you audition PSB T6 speakers. They are awesome for that price.

I'm from Bangalore. here marx6 was paired with CA tube amplifier. he resisted to connect to some avr. but now new series costing around 1.3 L . as B&W has also replaced their 68x series, old one is being offered now for less than a lakh. even I was thinking about power capability.

you have now added two more speakers to my list [emoji2] Thanks for that. how about MA mass speakers in terms of music? Seriously I suggest you audition PSB T6 speakers. They are awesome for that price.

I have separate thiel setup connected to sugden amp for 2.1 music.
Looking only for 5.1 so did not try the mass for 2.1 music.
Listened to 5.1 video songs and they were great.

BTW, which BW speakers are on sale or less than a lakh? If it is 683, it is great value. Just check if the amp can drive the speakers and get them.

I have just bought the image 5 speaker set and now wondering what receiver to buy. I am getting a great offer on Denon x2000. Would that be sufficient for T6 with C5 and surround S5

I have just bought the image 5 speaker set and now wondering what receiver to buy. I am getting a great offer on Denon x2000. Would that be sufficient for T6 with C5 and surround S5

Hey what was the price. Could you please post with break up.

As per experts statement, I see that it is going to require some extra juice to get the best out of PSB Image T6. Even I felt that while pairing it up with less powered amps. Have you tried for Marantz AVR ?

I got the demo speakers from the dealer for $600 a pair of T6. Crutchfield is selling brand new S5 pair for $399 and C5 for $199

Denon x2000 is for $399. My challenge is I want Audyssey MultEq XT minimum if not XT32. Denon and Onkyo gives you that well below the Marantz price. Else I could get X2000 for $399 and spend another $500 for a amp for the front. Or may be just take the plunge and buy denon X4000. So I would request the experts to please suggest a way out. I am not an expert hence don't know much about 6ohm or 4 ohm. By the way denon prices will come down as they have launched new models.

Denon x2000 is for $399. My challenge is I want Audyssey MultEq XT minimum if not XT32. Denon and Onkyo gives you that well below the Marantz price. Else I could get X2000 for $399 and spend another $500 for a amp for the front. Or may be just take the plunge and buy denon X4000. So I would request the experts to please suggest a way out. I am not an expert hence don't know much about 6ohm or 4 ohm. By the way denon prices will come down as they have launched new models.

If you are ready to buy x4000, i would seriously suggest you to consider Marantz x008 series. Reviews are so good for them. I tried x2000 and x4000 side by side with KEF Q900. There was a huge difference in the details. In fact, with lesser power amp, especially during action sequences, I felt treble ( like glass shattering scenes ), were so harsh and my ears started feeling pain.

Marantz are always costlier than Denon for similar specs, because of one main important fact. Marantz have discreet amp circuit. Which means, 90% power specified for stereo setup, are assured for full blown set up. So you are going to get more juice out of it.

But then I may not get XT32 in marantz unless I spend much more than Denon x4000. Any idea how much is x4000 in India

But then I may not get XT32 in marantz unless I spend much more than Denon x4000. Any idea how much is x4000 in India

Denon x4000 is quoted at Rs.129000\-($2200) @ technoguru.in For that price you can also look @ Mrarantz SR7008 which also has XT32. Maybe you could get discounts locally. Not sure tho.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back